So I snuck a half-days holiday.....

....and beetled off to the field just to take advantage of the incredible weather today!

The total lack of wind tempted a dozen or so other members to brave the air, and so we spent a happy afternoon making the most of it.  Nothing dramatic to report, but it was just the sort of day to campaign the lighter, smaller models that are happiest when puttering slowly past the pilot's box, with the sunlight glinting off the wings.  Lovely!

I took along just three small models; an ARTF Kyosho Spree for a few gentle areobatics, a plan-built (Peter Rake) Waco SRE to watch the sun shine through the longerons, and a scratchbuilt AW Quadraplane (just to see if the aged ni-cads were still up to snuff).

All the models acquitted themselves with distinction, and returned back to the hangar with honours.

tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 18/03/2009 22:26:54

Advert

tim---david,

please leave the flying during the week day's to the retired squadron(like myself) you's should really be at work helping to save the country......exception made this time... next time off with your undercarriage...

ken anderson.................

Ken,

You leave me and David alone, will you?   Us workers need the occasional day off, away from the pressures and stress!

David, No video of the Quad I'm sorry to say, but there's a few details on my site here;

Now then did you get that garage door painted. or was the call of the flying field just too strong?

tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 19/03/2009 18:24:38

Very nice Tim, yes, there was I happily painting the garage door in the morning, the sun was shining, it was warm and I whistled a merry tune thinking of how I'd be flying after lunch. Packed the car, turned up at the patch and the sun had gone, the wind was up and it was jolly cold

Got a couple of flights in with the E-flite Pitts...

Back to saving the country tomorrow Ken  so the weather should be fine again

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 19/03/2009 20:46:48

Having been recently taken over by Lloyds, work is a bit manic at the mo' so I can only look wistfully out of the windows at the lovely weather.  Day off Monday so not doubt it's gonna be wet n windy
Looking on the bright side, managed theree quick flights in the local park before work this week - I love longre days ............

GG

David said, "the sun was shining, it was warm and I whistled a merry tune thinking of how I'd be flying after lunch. Packed the car, turned up at the patch and the sun had gone, the wind was up and it was jolly cold "

And I thought it only happened to me!

Mind you - at least I did get 8 flights in and it warmed up at the end of the afternoon.  Back to the grind today.  Perhaps tomorrow will be better - but I must say that I reckon I've had more decent flying days so far this year than the whole of 2008...

I took a long lunch and visited the ;atch.  Colder and breezier than I expected but beautifully sunny and clear.  Got another couple in on the Rogue and the EHawk.  Would've flown the JuniorS as well but I'd left the wing spar at home

Looks good for tomorrow, OK for Sunday and pants for Monday - when I'm off of course

GG

Only problem was getting near the flightline for the fair-weather flyers that came out of the woodwork!

Ahh, the perennial problem.

Personally I believe that fair-weather fliers should only be allowed to fly whan the weather is bad.  It would save so much congestion on the flght line!

tim