A nice weekend's weather and I've got a cod

Advert

I'm sorry to be Herring that you've got a Cod.  Just Skate off to bed and stay in that Plaice.  Later on, just Perch in front of the telly and watch the Formula 1, that will be Brill.  I Hake to say it, but avoid Mrs A if she's annoying you, don't want you turning into a Red Snapper.

No matter how bad you feel now, I'm sure you'll recover without needing the services of a Sturgeon.

Finally, apologies for this post which appears to be mostly Pollacks.

Mr A,

I can't help but agree on the unsympathetic nature of women when it comes to dealing with the dreased Man Flu.  They'll never suffer as we do, so we really can't expect them to understand, now can we?

So I'll do a low pass in your honour today at the field.  Weather looks set to be stunning.

tim

PS  Stay away from fish.  Over-indulgence may affect your literacy......

Edited By Tim Hooper on 05/04/2009 07:30:07

Get well soon mate, I am actually thinking of going to the  ** tim enters  hushed whisper mode ** POWER site today for a spot of IC Spitfire flying! - the wind seems to be struggling to appear for the rock
I will do a strafing run for ya.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 05/04/2009 09:29:26

Slope yesterday. IC today. Been a month since I went to the field. My word they are noisy things aren't they? And a bit smelly. That's just the club members

Had three lessons, a couple of hairy moments when the buddy box lead failed and took both tx's with it. Quick thinking by Frank saved the day, and then we lost one of four wing bands and the wing tried to slide off the Fuz. Glad I wasn't flying at that point!

Nearly landed it. Fifth ever IC flight and I could have, but decided to go round again. Could I get anywhere near the runway again? No. Ah well next time.

Dry ground, bit of wind, nice people to fly with and t-shirts and shades to fly in. There might be something to this IC stuff you know

David - get well soon. But not too soon, weather next week looks stinking!

Edited By Alex Leigh on 05/04/2009 14:24:06

Lovely day today for some glider towing at our club www.nlmfc.org all towed by my 12lipo fired Taxi 2400

What a lovely day for model flying, sorry to you missed it David, better move up 'Norf' we don't get colds !

If anyone's interested the gliders are K8 (first picture), K18 and Discuss (2nd Picture)

Anyone passing Harrogate way on a weekend with a glider pop in and see us !

Well you have my sympathy for your man flu David. I caught an awful bug around xmas - and though it is true I only lost a single day bed ridden whilst hubby and son practically stayed in bed for a fortnight, it still took me several weeks to get over it fully.

As for the weekend, been fantastic flying. Club strip is still closed, so had to put up with my private strip, life can be so hard at times  Mostly been flying the PZ Corsair which I'm beginning to really like (my first inverted circuits, it seems to fly well upside down) and Harvey continues to learn with the mini Cub, going solo for the first time yesterday. 

Don't know whether I have Man flu, Bird flu or Grandchild flu but still feeling decidedly ropey. Also scared myself silly by looking up tick bites on the net  after my first of the season midweek. Anyway, get well soon David.

Beautiful sunny day on Carman Hill today but very very windy. Left the electrics in the boot. The boss flew his Spacewalker, the Heli boys thrashed about in the gale and Aquacop did a couple of circuits with his small FW190 before wisely calling it a day. He did well to get it down in one piece. The youngsters turned up late but scorned the weather putting up a Travelair and a Wildcard.

Talk of the steamie (Flytilbroke will understand) was this mouthwatering Scorpion turbine model by Alex Gough. New model and he, unfortunately for the spectators, limited himself to taxying trials. My foamie F16 will never look the same to me again. Then again it responds well to a hot glue gun and a replacement airframe is all of 50 quid!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Edited By Andy Ramsay on 05/04/2009 22:25:37

Love that Scorpion. A great days flying yesterday. 3 flights on my new Acrowot, and a flight of my big old Sea Fury. My son flew is newly rebuilt Raptor for the first time an also flew my Acrowot.
And we had ring side seats for the Bishop boys practising their summer routine with the pair of Red Arrows Hawks. A cracking day out.