Awesome weather - how much flying are you getting in?

Went out for the second day in a row, unfortunately no one down the field yesterday including me had a spanner on them, as I was about to maiden my Extra 300 - 30 the prop came loose and we were unable to tighten it properly, so just flew the easy star and the boomer trainer several times each.

Got some nice video with the RC Hero 5mp camera I brought in the US recently, will post some later, as really pleased with the quality, beats a flycam any day!

Repairing clutch on my heli today, hopefully to get ready for tomorrow!

Advert

A tip Delta Whiskey, I always carry a little bag with me, in it are three spare props and the tools needed to fit them. Trust me this method really really works, whenever you have the bag with you, YOU WILL NEVER NEED IT. (forget it though and your props will fall off or break).

Bit blowy here today, off to the shed to glue some bits of foam together.

Your weather sounds great. Very different from a few months back.
We are going into winter here but I must admit that the Highveld winters are really great. Not too cold, clear sky, little wind.
No flying yet as I am frantically trying to finish the Typhoon for our clubs annual warbird day.

Enjoy the flying.
Robin

That's the trouble of having too many models Gemma ! I started with heli's so all my tools are in my 'heli box' of course this time, only only took fixed wings along, and only had basic tools but no spanners! I will of course now remember to take both tool kits along!

Surprised though, that 3 other regulars that turn up down the field that day did not have any spanners either!  I've learnt my lesson though, perhaps it was fate too, telling me not to fly the Extra just yet !

Hi All,

Absolutely no flying at all, due to having to lead a large investigation. Hoping to get out this weekend, the gears been on charge over night and it's calm here so the slow fly looks to be the best bet. Brought myself a 400 size Electric Helicopter (EF Sabre) and a JP Easy Pidgeon as compensation, . Need to get some gear fitted in the Pidgeon for tomorrow.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 5 weeks later...
well been great here in n wales .winds westerly 12 mph easy glider weather and did they go well dots in the sky ,new chap we training doing great ,ust going to put some cream on me arms that got burnt by that big yellow thing in the sky ,greattttttttttttt,   ive just had a thought when i was a kid with sun burn me mam used to put((( vinegar)))) on the sunburn to cool it down ,aahhhhhhhhhh didnt work ,,,  thank god for aftersun now ,hide the vinegar if me mams around lol

• 2 weeks later...
today - yesterday and the day before that we have had bright sun and n/ne wind's-have been along flying off the cliff's 3 day's running-excellent time had by all...........methink's god is taking his hol's up north east for a change this year...all wellcome to join in............

ken anderson...............

Still fixing my Decathlon

The Cambridge Branch of Hobby Stores is THE worst model shop in the country.  Badly stocked, overpriced etc and had about 3 shades of Solarfilm, so i couldn't even get my model covered.  I'm going to have to drive up to Inwood in Huntingdon on Saturday, as i daren't buy this stuff online in case the colours aren't right...

You can't see it from 50 feet away I'd be more interested in flying!

Good job trying to fix that though, it's not just going to buff out is it!

Wind and Sun here yesterday - perfect conditions for sloping. I really, really must do some power flying soon!

The weather here is absolutely brilliant , but as I had my leg fixed on Monday I still can't walk very far , I've been told to break it in slowly. And definately can't drive. All in All best weather yet and completely stuffed for enjoying it Only thing left to do is on the patio .

Cheers,

Chris.

Hey Chris.
What happened to your leg? I know the feeling. When I was working in Uganda I had a nasty accident and broke my leg just above the ankle. Clean break, damn painfull.
Took 4 days before I got treatment then had to sit in a wheelchair for 8 months. It was very frustrating.

Hope you recuperate fast. The patio story will definately help the morale.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Mines only circulation, Had a dynorod job on Monday and for the first time in ages I have a pulse in my foot. biggest problem it's stopped me riding the bike and I can't go flying. Still I can build up some muscle with short steady walks (to the pub). The bloke next to me in hospital lost his big toe and has been told he could loose his foot so he's well stuffed and his hobby was playing footy and cricket. Just hope we have a long hot summer so I can use some of it.

Cheers,

Chris.

Went power flying. Now there's a thing. Had to hand launch the boomer due to longish strip grass/ickle engine/bent nosewheel. That was mildly diverting.

Four flights, three landings, one on the strip It's like threading a needle with big trees and not so wide strip. That's my excuse anyway. Rather enjoyed it, must do it bit more so I can pass this test.