Awesome weather - how much flying are you getting in?

Congratulations Phil, the very best of luck to you and your future wife.

I have taken some time off work this week and next in preparation for the new Chris Foss wot 4 MK3 which Ripmax said was now in stock. My local model shop where expecting the delivery on the 15th, this did not happen.
Ripmax have now told the retailers that they dont have it in stock and dont know when it will be in .
I have all the radio gear and engine sat on the bench waiting to build it. I was hoping to have it complete and flying by Tues or Wednesday next week.
Still did get to the local park today and did some great fun flying with my EFlight Mini Stick for a hour or so so i am happy.

D

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
total change in the north east here today-----no wind.................i say No wind...but after lunch it started to return and also when the sun went behind the cloud's it was cold..........or as we say up here 'cadd'...........never mind--an excellent turn out at our club field..............................rain allday forecast for tommorow...............

ken anderson.ne1....

Beautiful day yesterday - gym first (trying to lose weight and blood pressure.....) so only managed to get to the field for a couple of hours.

Generally successful apart from:

1. Didn't charge the LiPo on my EasyStreet properly so couldn't fly that
2. Managed to damage the tail of my Mini Ultra Stick - so that needs fixing
3. Realised my very very old GWS Spitfire is at end of life I reckon.  It's got Lipo and Brushless so is oodles as powerful as it was originally.  Too much for the airframe and wing section I think.  It's not damaged but very very battered and old ................Ah well, I'm sure I can find a home for the electronics and stuff.

Still, managed to fly and take home undamaged the EHawk, Wotty, Draken, Mini Panic.

However, my PSU seems to have given up the ghost so I need to charge all my Lipos from the car ready for the next session - not really practical in this rain.  Aargh, more spending.

GG

hello david-no wasn't me.....i was intending going and meeting up with you at the nat's--but a little 7ib hiccup(called emma) put them plan's to bed.......fear not our path's Will cross.............soon rather than later........we'll be able to see if the photo's do you justice...and i'll report back to our club member's................

ken (grandad)anderson 1st......ne 1.

today we have n/ne wind's...bright and sunny...off to the cliff's to practice with my new weapon.........an pnp impulse i bought 2nd hand and recovered etc.......off to practice for the north V south comp when the day come's for the meet at the orme.../(not)...  ' ss

hopefully i'll return with all planes intact'ish................

ken anderson.........ne1....

Seems I am not the only one to get a nice day, in fact it must have been the best day here this year. In Glen Nevis 'twas warm, DRY, no wind, so was perfect for me and my Flair Passion. I flew till I felt my concentration starting to suffer.

Only snag or maybe not, I was flying on my lonesome. Except for some others up on the road who seemed to find my attempts at making the model dance, entertaining. Well done that lot, for cheering and clapping

The Icing on the cake he he, NO Midges or Clegs.

Out yesterday but unlike flytilbroke insect population was not dormant, picked up one tick on my midriff  and another unidentified squashed bug in the folds of my shirt. We also seem to be suffering from a plague of unidentified beetles. Other than that enjoyed flying with the site to myself.