Binding more than one Rx (3) to a Tx 2.4 module

Advert

phil/myron--keep looking in at this thread/post which is turning into an epic/blockbuster.......i keep looking out of the window to myron's direction's for the fireworks and rockets going off - keep going the two off you the nation is watching- i see timbo has been dragged in as well...............................

ken anderson with the theme tune of' jerusalem' in the background........proud to be british.....

Hi, guys, yes I also an issue, and after 2 days I have to "rebind " it again, no props after that in flying, good as gold,, but it is not as good as the manufactures present,
 I have this in an Yfly9, it maybe a bit slow, then so am I, perhaps more  the "noise" we make about it , someone will listen.
 Anyway, it's an interseting thread, can not give much help, but will follow it through.
As always............. Barry 

Myron/Phil

I've read this thread a few times, and understand it less each time I go through it!!

Armed with nothing more than inspired(?) guesswork, the following things/assumptions occur to me:-

The patented(?) "ModelMatch" feature of Spektrum transmitters binds an individual receiver to a particular model memory on that transmitter.  AFIK, this does not even work on the Spektrum "modules" - only on transmitters with the Spektrum gubbins built-in.
This would suggest that selecting different model memories is not relevant to your tests.

The binding process is apparently one in which the unique GUID of a 2.4gHz transmitter/module is "learnt" by a receiver. In order for the binding to "stick" even after the receiver is disconnected from power, it would seem that the receiver must store the GUID it learnt in "non-volatile" memory - much in the same way that data can be stored on a USB "memory stick" or digital camera card.

The Corona "feature" (with at least one version of their transmitter module), whereby all your receivers need to be bound to the module at the same time is noted on various internet forums.  It sounds daft, but it seems to me that the Corona transmitter module's GUID must being created on-the-fly at bind time - with all the receivers learning the newly created code. If the transmitter GUID code were static, there would surely be no need to re-bind all existing receivers when a new one is added.

On a early post in this thread, all three receivers were successfully bound (at the same time) to the module, but following a period without power, two of the three lost their bind.
The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the non-volatile memory in (at least) two of the three receivers is, in fact, volatile!

I've no wish to interrupt the logical testing that you two have been going through (sorry Phil!), and you may have already answered this, but if I'm right:-

* It should be possible to bind all 3 receivers at once. [Since all three learn the "generated" GUID]
* They should stay bound whilst powered on. [Since the battery supports the "non-volatile" memory]
* If any two are left powered on, and the third is re-bound, the first two should fail to respond.[Since the GUID code is re-created at bind time]
* If all three are simultaneous bound, and power removed for a while, the one(s) that fail to respond on resumption of power should always be the same one(s) [Since the bound GUID in non-volatile memory is decaying fastest in these]

The TX should be switched on first so that it can acquire a free channel (s) then the rx, but be careful to not have the Rx to close or indeed to far from the Tx in order that it can pick up the unique code it needs to see from the tx. People often struggle with the Spekky system because they are simply either too close, or not patient enough to allow a matching. 
I do not of course know if thats the same with this cheap stuff, but its worth mentioning.

Timbo,
According to Spektrums FAQ's on their "air modules" :-

Will Model Match work with the Module System?
No. Model Match is a patented feature that prevents a model from being operated using the wrong model memory. Model Match can only be integrated into a dedicated Spektrum transmitter such as the Spektrum DX7. The programming necessary to make Model Match functional must be embedded into the transmitter´s programming.

That presumably means that ALL bound Spekky receivers would respond (if powered on) to the binding module?  

Phil,
"Synchronized binding" sounds like a new olympic sport!  This has turned into something of a debugging marathon for you - I hope your family are keeping any sharp objects away from you!

Myron,
This is a bit like bomb disposal - go slowly and follow Phil's instructions to the letter. Oh, and don't cut the blue wire.....     

Edited By Clem on 22/06/2009 17:52:38

Dont Know what I shall do with myself when the saga finally finishes, but one of the best reads we have had for years
Is it possible to run a comp on the outcome
My finish would be Phil and Myron walking hand in hand into the sunset with a dozen grumpy gnomes running round their feet
Joking aside keep it up lads you will solve it I am sure. Thank goodness I went Spektrum
Garry

Polyunderstanding
Yep! Just had a lovely day actually aero-modelling. Good therapy  Thanks Clem for your contribution .& Garry for your interest .
Don't worry if & when this problem is solved I'll be introducing another one no doubt.
That's life !

Basically I can't abide buying something that doesn't work & is NEW '
It's only recently that I've ever bought anything brand new . Always "made do" so to speak .And if I dare say so in the old 27 MHz days I never had a single problem .
Anyway    Back to the subject in hand ( before I start wingeing about anything you can name )
PHIL C
'Er indoors has a lump hammer - But that is for her use on me !
Polyfiller
I will now try Rx B again ------------All OK withRx B  as I write
By the way I keep swapping and trying different Rx batteries just in case there could be a problem - No difference .Everything is on trickle charge as much as possible whilst experimenting