Binding more than one Rx (3) to a Tx 2.4 module

Having converted my Optic 6 to 2.4 with the Corona gear module ,I successfully bound the first Rx with the tranny -OK  I switch on as normal and all is OK.
Have spent most of today trying to bind the other two Rx's but when switched off they don't bind anymore until I go through the whole procedure again. (impossible on a regular basis once installed in a model or very inconvenient  to say the  least )
Should I bind all three Rx's at the same time or what ?

Advert

Myron, I bound mine separately, one at a time.  Just remember that after binding (ie in normal use) you need to switch the rx on first, then the tx for some reason.  Mine then takes about 10 seconds to configure itself or whatever it does, then the servos swing into place.

GG
I don't know for sure but it certainly goes against all the rules doesn't it .? Will try again today before the white coats come to take me away  I might make up a little jig to press all three Rx buttons at once if all else fails. Don't like dodgy set ups & want peace of mind of course before risking  flights .Without jumping the gun I'm beginning to wish I forked out on Fuby Rx's or flogged the llot & gone Spekky .  I always seem to be up against one 'lectric problem after another
G-UMPY 2 !

Garry
Thanks for your sympathy & understanding.
I've just tried to bind all three Rx's at once .They have their red LED showing binding but guess what ? HELP Timbo! -None of them work now!! Really fed up .I bet everyone else is out flying  today .Yes I have more than one model set up but like to go out with at least 3 operational .It's just me !

Myron, I might be stating the obvious but do you have a manual for the 2.4ghz module? If not, there is one here
The binding instructions seem very straightforward. Some people have had problems setting up the Corona synthesized receivers in the past but they seem to do as they're asked for me
Pete

GG - yes, it's a 'feature' of the Corona units.  God knows why, but it works for mine.
Myron, are you sure you are following the instructions exactly?   IIRC, switch on Tx while holding the button down, no longer than 3 seconds before you release the button though.   The led on the Tx module should flash continuously,  switch on Rx while pressing the button on that and it should show a lock within seconds (2 flashes of the led). switch off Tx an Rx.  Switch on Rx with the button released, switch on Tx, wait a few seconds and magic should happen.  I must admit that wait can seem an awfull long time untill the servos swing into position.
 Just found the instructions with the Rx, the delay after switching on the Rx then Tx is 15-20 seconds.  The Rx led should show constant red once it's found the tx.

just for kicks I set up the new rx destined for the MiniPanic.  The delay between switching on the Tx and the Rx setting is around 6 seconds in practice.  It seems a lot longer if you're not timing it.   While it's searching for the Tx signal the internal Rx LED flickers for a couple of seconds, goes out for a few more seconds, then comes on steady.  I hope this helps.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 25/05/2009 00:23:34

Thanks guys
Have done exactly as you described  and is written on the leaflet that came with it. 'Er indoors watched my every move whilst binding  and will verify i'm doing it correctly! Shall have another day at it today (again) before I sell up everything in sheer frustration .I did manage to get the rudder to work on one model briefly -then nothing after re-powering up !  I even moved well away from the central heating radiator thinking it might be a contributory factor .No difference  
A bit of good news - I have always had probs with my nicd's not lasting long enough (see another thread someway back)   .T'was a duff wall charger from day one ! Having changed Tx plug to another one (futaba) the Optic  has reached over 11V for the first time ever even after resting overnight The output voltage on the duff charger(no load) was only about 0.3 v down on the Futaba one it but made all the difference.
I'm determined to get to the bottom of this now my cup of tea has kicked in
G-UMPY

Phil 
I did mark the Rx's as you said so as not to get confused. (Hmmm) Yes, No 1 was fine until I came to bind  No2 using the same procedure .No2 worked after binding but after switching everything off (Tx first  ! ) & then powering up to test it (Rx on first ! ) NOTHING
As I said I've had intermittent random responses eg rudder only at one point .on No 2
MY last ditched attempt was to put all three Rx's in front of me with a battery for each (fully charged) and procede to bind them all at the same time ie the Tx on for all three .
Then switching everything off (Tx then the three Rx's after ,I tried each set up one after the other .With a servo connected to each Rx I could see that they all worked !
Next time I tried them the No1 worked OK but not 2 & 3.This morning I can't get No 1 to work either  Phew !! Can't think of anything else to try .By the way I havn't exceeded the 3 second time limit stipulated . I wonder if I should to sort of give everything a "fresh start" as a last attempt to make sense of it all .
I bet that when / if I manage to make it wok , the weather will be back to normal !
I do have two more set ups thatwork but the frame of mind I.m in I'm reluctant to try risking my creations . And I havn't done range checks yet
Thinking of going back to control line
Hope all this makes sense - I do appreciate the feed back from y'all

Thanks Poly omnipotent
Am doing just that now . You won't believe it but have just lost my settings on the Tx for my model  No 1  . Never mind-I shall still be able to see movement later -I hope !
I'm having a cuppa (the third)  By the end of the day theres a good chance I might be on something slightly stronger
Back shortly . I can feel the tension mounting as we wait for the next thrilling episode

Polymeggaman
Will do By the way the three servos connected to Rx 1 are all gliching every second or two .Something I've never experienced before even in my 27 MHz days !  Back soon
PS As I switched off the Tx first the glitching stopped & the red led on the Rx went out .Probably normal but will tell you everything that happens  anyway .Didn't know you still flew 35  Maybe I will again- Damn sight cheaper for one thing !
Grumpy grateful