Binding more than one Rx (3) to a Tx 2.4 module

Advert

THanks Bob Frank Stephen & of course Polysupermod
Yesterday couldn't get the link from Pete Today I did !.   Looks like Timbo was right when he says you get what you pay for . Never mind the hype ?
Shall be getting on to GC shortly . Shame 'cos as I think I've said their service was excellent .Credit where it is due ( excuse the pun)
MoT  today - Fingers crossed everybody   please
Not been my week so far 
G-UMPY --I wonder why ?

Frank
Just double checked the specs having re read your entry so as I might ecentually Know just what is what & compatible with what .Then I might be able to explain the problem better . I just hate giving up on something when there might still be a solution .Did I hear a voice saying "glutton for punishment" ?
I have the FSSS Tx module CT8F & all three Rx's are CR8D's .Depending on what you make of the "F" it would seem nothing should work & be unbindable OR am I out of my depth again?

Polyfilla & Doug
Have E-mailed GC received confirmation & now awaiting reply from their tekky dept. Should clear up the matter
Doug
.Glad you find it interesrting -I actually find it stimulating for my brain cell .Hate to be beat without knowing why -It's how you learn isn't it ? although I get more confused the more I read .As far as i remember & it's getting more difficult although I log most of what I have done & do  .The original problems of permanent binding on the original one Rx set up I managed to sort out ( the bind )by simply switching on the Rx before the Tx and vice-versa for switching off ie Tx off first then the Rx !As I remember problems arose on the introduction of the other two Rx's (same description on the label .One thing has just this minute come into my mind !! The original pack containing the module & Rx together had the Rx without the label stuck on. It was loose in the box .I wonder if there might have been a mix up at the packing stage -However it did bind as described .I think maybe we need Inspector Morse on this one ?
Slightly off thread but have just procured a charger mains/ battery plus 4 niMh 2700 mAh £6.99 .Just had to buy it at that price even though I've read that the best capacity is around 1700 mAh for models . Anyway I want to modify the charger to use on Rx packs Not seperate cells .Has anyone done this & if so did they use diagonally opposite contacts as a feed for a normal 4 pack .It has delta peak indication & fail safe going to trickle charge as well!  Plus charging time approw for nicd's & nimh's Cant be bad Eh ! Maybe I should start another thread but folks must be sick and tired of my questions ?I know a lot of it has been covered before in some context or other.
G-UMPY

Phil
Yes it's netto.The voltage across the "diagonal end terminals on the 4 cell position measures 16.79 V off load .Can't I just attach my lead to fit the Rx 4 pack from these terminals -Just ignore the 2 cell charge switch? I wasn't thinking of linking the remaining connectors in series if that's what you mean . I must have the back off & have a look  Judging by the weight of the charger there isn't a transformer in it especially as the mains chargers output is Quote "12 V DC 500 mA  6 VA
I have it all on charge now using the mains adaptor ( for about 3 Hr 20 Min it says ).
Can't wait to sort it all .Good news --for a change  The  camper van passed the Mot --Bad news ( again) Left my 600 maH Optic 6 Tx battery pack  on charge all night and after a discharge ( Left on ) now has gone from 48 minutes to a staggering1 hour13 mins . When are the peeps in white coats coming to rescue me or ensconce me in a decent pub with an ash tray that wants live music  (sort of )

Polyhelpful
There's a little red light on it that goes to green on reaching  the fully charged state (it says) -Not been on long enough to find out yet . Should happen around 7.30 pm .
Yep Must apologise for being off thread .Blame me if you get in trouble but you're very helpful.in my hours of need. Should I start a new thread ? By the way the destruction leaflet is written in no less than ten languages so I suspect the manufactureres are not some "fly by night" organisation .It's made by ENCORE & I'm sure I've seen the name during my research this last few days
I do know what you mean by RMS values (0.7071 of peak if I remember correctly) 'It explains why the charger gets warm when you say there is a resistor in there ( isn't it a rectumfrying circuit with 4 diodes and a rew capacitirs thrown in to give a "so-called "regulated output ".I'm just thinking that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing before you say it '
Thanks again -Better shut up now or join the unruly band of contributors in the "Cafe"  GUESS WHAT ? the light has just turned green -One & a half hours -Maybe the batteries weren't flat to start with -They were 1.24 V all of them out of the bubble pack which incidently will make two lovely canopies for a war bird .
They measure 1.42 V now after 5 mins rest & warm to the touch