Using my Futaba 9C Super.........

JohnnyB

Hi Guy's - yeah,just come back into the hobby and am currently building my Uno- Wot trainer. But quite recently, my wife bought me the little Twister Medevac helicopter.
So, my question is this.... - will I be able to SAFELY use my Futaba 9C Super to control this helicopter instead of the supplied tranny? Would the two systems be compatible if I dial in the correct frequency on the Tx module?
Ive bought the Futaba 9C Super so that, hopefully, I can progress onwards from my Uno - Wot and stay with a familiar Tranny for some considerable time.
Looking forward to your comments.
John.

Advert

hi john, i tried this with an early twister, and even though they were on the same xtals i could not get it to mix right, on the early twister you had to down trim the throttle before switching on then switch on and wait for the heli bits to set, i could not replicate this sequence with the ff9, if you try it disconect the main motor wires before switching on or you could end up with a face full of plastic
good luck

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

FUTABA 9CAP Super problem - reset ch3 to throttle from flap setting

Hi All,

I have been flying F3F and had a friend set channel 3 to sequentially bring down the flaps with the throttle stick (ch3).

I have gone to parameters > reset > execute, which resets to factory for the one model but that did not help. So it looks like an overall Tx setting

I cannot remember what was done to the settings which seems to be affecting all models, and now I cant change it back to fly BASIC ACRO.

Does anyone have any clues to reset/change this setting ?

thanks for your help, Steve

hello steve...on the FF9 ---- the model type was set as a glider......try changing back to an acro in parameters and also have a look for the prog that allows you to use the throttle lever for the flaps.....prob crow braking? ...and have a go switching it off....

ken anderson....ne...1 ... flap dept...

Hi Ken, thanks for your advice. I have the model set at BASIC (ACRO) and there are no options or settings I can see for CROW. What else could I look for or am I looking in the wrong place????

Another question, when I go to SERVO, ch3 (throttle) is zero when centered, -100% at bottom position and +100% at top position. I assume this is my problem, what do you think ?

thanks, Steve

go back and see the friend that set it up? ...... reset should clean out the particular model that is set up...and give you a clean slate etc....re- the throttle centered in the middle...i dont understand what you saying....the throttle arm...should go one way in an arc(on the servo) .....and if the set is set for acro.....the throttle should work as i have said....ie...fully closed to fully open.....do you have the manual for the TX with you? ....if not do a 'google' and download it.....

ken anderson ne..1 FF9 dept.

Ken I think Steve is looking at the "SERVO test" screen on the TX. I have a model memory setup with crow braking and camber settings and it shows the same behaviour as Steve is seeing i.e. throttle in servo screen moves to three positions with a three position switch. For the GLIDER setting that is set in the ADVANCED MENU (press "MODE/PAGE" button once will in basic menu) and the SW/MODE option then ARBK-FUNC specified the slitch or slidder that controls it.

As Ken said when I excecute a model RESET it removed all that setup and throttle was back to the throttle stick. Maybe power cycle the TX as well. If you have changed it back to AEROBATIC from GLIDER then it's very odd. Do other model memories exhibit the same trait ?

Ken, I was in Hong Kong and am now in Korea, so I have emailed my friend for help. And yes I downloaded a manual today which I'll review after printing some sections tomorrow. Frankly, I find the manual difficult to navigate, but 'all else fails, read the manual' will have to be invoked

John, yes other models even Basic(acro) show the same response when I servo test. It is the same before or after Reset Execute. The only dfference from what you describe is that the movement of the bar on the servo test foreach channel, which for ch3 goes from -100% to +100% is with the progressive sliding of the throttle stick, not with a three way switch. I will study the SW/MODE option tomorrow with the manual to kill the airbrake-func.

There must be some Tx setting that sweeps across the unit to give this result. I dont want to erase all my model settings ....but unfortunately that may be a last resort.

thanks again to you both - if anything comes to mind please shoot it across ( well pass it across - missles are are a bit of a touchy subject here)

regards, Steve

steve....i've just checked out my FF9 ........the servo test bit....doesn't have anything to do with the actual servo movement so to speak....so if you have reset the particular model memory...that is it...the TX will work ads it should.......so back to your original Q... the throttle will work as normal........in a ic model...in the acro setting...it may need reversing but thats all.........and if you have reset the model ..... it will be the equivalent to starting off with a blank sheet.......ie everything back to neutral etc......in servo test - it will show as you said for ch 3........but in reallity......the servo will do as it should...go the full travel etc.......connect one up and see......so thats it problem solved........leave the other model parameters alone.....

ken anderson ne..1 ........ neautral dept.....

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, Futaba 9CAP problem . I have almost completed the Nijhuis Harvard and have set up AIL-DIFF with Ch 1 & 7 for ailerons and Ch 5 for undercarriage on switch E.

I will also use Ch2 elevator, Ch3 throttle and Ch4 rudder.

FLAPS: I'd like to use Ch6 and 8 or 9 for the flaps. (I'd prefer to use two channels because I put the two flap servos in mirror image but I could rotate one of them so they are facing the same direction and then I could use a Y cable on one channel). AND I would like to use the slider switch VR(E) or VR(D) to lower and raise the flaps - but I cant work that out - any help gratefully appreciated

thanks, Steve

Edited By Steve Barton on 28/11/2013 12:28:20