Clouds

Hi all, cool thread idea! 

I love clouds, my better half reckons I have my head in them all day!  

Anyhow here are a few of my favorites:

Sunrise down at the beach

moon behind tree at night from backyard 

Big nasty storm heading over the ocean.  Stitched panorama

Moon halo a couple of months back from my backyard

This was one of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen. Moon in the top of the image. Facing east to shoot this one. We get some lovely storm clouds pass through here heading up the coast.

Another red sunset. This one was taken back in 2005 down at the lake. Colors are straight out of the camera. 
   The Sun had gone down below the horizon and we were walking home when all of a sudden the whole place turned this color.  It lasted about 5 minutes

Sunrise at the heads

These last two are looking South and North respectively from my local slope soaring spot.  The effect you see is HDR processing. Each image is blended from 3 separately  exposed raw files. It really brings out contrast clouds.

Edited By Paul Gauci on 03/08/2010 12:06:21

Thanks guys. 
 We do get some great clouds and storm cells around  here which certainly help me

I agree with the HDR thing, as in not normally a fan of it,  but it did seem to work for those images.  I have a heap more that look like crap.    It is very hard to nail, and when you see the experts examples, you can't even tell.  Mine still have that ever present "steel" effect, but it's not too over the top

Chris Bott:  whoah! I just worked out your photo, That is Awesome!

Edited By Paul Gauci on 04/08/2010 11:32:31

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like you got yourself an inverted rainbow there Stephen! (Unless the pic is just upside-down!)

Quite rare apparently,  here's a report of a recent one.  Reports of one a couple of years ago can be seen in the Daily Telegraph (though the pic doesn't display for me), Metro and Daily Wail

Edited By John Privett on 01/09/2010 19:06:47

I have just spent 5 days on the West coast of Wales. On Friday there was the most amazing sunset and after a very wet day yesterday there were some dramatic clouds this morning which I photographed.

I have just tried to download them to Photobucket in the nomal way, so that I can put them on this forum, but the Photobucket site is very slow and the download button is not there! Anyone else tried the site lately?

off topic a bit(lot)...lately in the evening up this end of the country we have seen a lot of these chinese lantern's going up at dusk time...they look impressive.....but i was reading in the newspaper of report's of one comming down and setting fire to a farmer's crop field...and another comming down and setting fire to someone's tent on a site(they managed to get out ok)....

fire warden anderson ne...1...