Clouds

OK, let's see if I've sussed how to add photos in here!

If it's worked,  the first two are different views of the same cloud formation taken in Southern Spain in late December 2004.  I believe they're "lenticular" clouds.  These ones hung around for quite a while.  (Ignore the "pattern" at the top left - I had to take the shot through a non-opening window - the pattern is just the reflection of something!)

The third shot is not of clouds as such,  but something that I think somebody mentioned way back near the start of this thread.  It's a collection of numerous contrails from aircraft flying over Lake Geneva.  This was March last year.

Hmm Poly toomuchimagination I think

A sky taken last week while on leave .......more a sea I guess.....

It's sunrise on the approach to Lisbon harbour and the keen eyed will spot an aircraft carrier in the top left which happens to be the USN Eisenhower.  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 21/07/2009 06:37:50

I know these are not really of clouds, but I find that a bit of cloud helps to set a picture off where just a plain blue sky wouldn't do that much

No Photoshop used there. Although Im sure photoshop could improve them quite a bit. The second picture is of the tree on the left on the first picture

• 2 weeks later...
Clouds are some of my favourite things to look at, the Mrs thinks im crazy when we driving along and im pointing at clouds....

Heres a couple of pics ive taken today, tell me what is special about them? (click for better resolution)

Edited By Simon Roberts on 03/08/2009 22:01:00

Edited By Simon Roberts on 03/08/2009 22:01:46

1st  looks like a 'bugeyed  devil with an exploding left eye'

2nd looks like a pig on its stomach, mouth open (left) eating on other little pigglets.

"Doctor, I am ready now !!!!!!!!!!!".

BB

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 03/08/2009 22:07:13