Super Scorpion

Thanks Ken its just nice to get something back from the Govt after all Ive given them year upon year.Having found model flying makes me feel all the younger,and lots of the club members are a lot older thamn moi also.I telephoned the Bearing shop to enquire if my bearing had arrived,whoopee YES,what time do you close,Now,are you open Sat,NO,see you Monday then

this was at our field yesterday---it's a 'playboy senior' designed in 1939....and now running on an electric motor and lipo----it used to belong to a former club chairman who had a '60' ic engine in and a 2oz tank...with the electric combo in it's oos practically in second's and will stay up as long as you want.all credit to the designers all them year's ago............

ken anderson.......

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 23/10/2009 18:26:37:
You look older Conrad

Yep, and I certainly feel older at the moment. About to start moving house today; that includes my workshop which took weeks to set up with benches, lights etc. Luckily I am on half-term hols.

Ken, I love the look and the ethos of these vintage models and after being in the hobby for a mere 9 years, I can see that it is the direction I want to go. Once my workshop is rebuilt, I will be starting work on a Ben Buckle Falcon. I intend to put an OS FS60 open rocker upfront.

Come on guys- you should have some influence on this forum.... let's have a vintage section.

Conrad.

Conrad,
I know just the guy for Chairman of the vintage section and he is definatley a Playboy of senior years.

Who could this be I wonder ??????

The falcon is a long build if I rember,there is a rain forrest of wood in the wings alone and it will fly nicely on old OS61 fs.

Jimbo

I dont seem to have any compression having rebuilt my engine.Ive rechecked the valve timing and it looks OK Ive turned the engine over sand added a little oil through the glow plug and it is sounding like its sucking and blowing,but not much resistance.Anyone know if you can be 180 out!my problem is the rockers look closedat every TDCand it appears the cam turns once to the pistons twice,am I right!Im putting the dot on the cam wheel at the top.But if you do one circle of thr engoine that puts the dot at the bottom 2 cicles and its at the top again.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa   Any suggestions gratefully received and digested

Stephen, have you tried putting you finger over the exhaust and flicking it over a few times (You have got a prop on it I assume). I find this will often get the compression started. Perhaps it helps the valves seat be creating a bit of pressure because its often the ehaust valve that does not seat properly.

I know it sounds odd but it works for me.

Steve,
Your saying that both valves are closed at TDC,  both valves should be closed on the compression stroke at TDC but the exhaust valve should be open on the next TDC and close imediatley as  the piston begins its downward travel and then opening the inlet vave on the induction stroke.

definitely sounds like a timing problem.

Jimbo

The engine did run and sounded quite nice but very lacking in power and had no response to throttle control.
Taking advice from the experts at the field and stripping the engine down I had the camshaft 180 degrees out.I have adjusted the cam accordingly and still dont have much compression,so im investigating further,before restarting the engine