Vintage Model Collection

After arest from a very early start(some work to get out of the way,and a full day at the field,I started on the high wing trainer.I think the previous owner had a standard removeable  servo shelf he used in the next  models as he finished using one and went on to the next.They have nothing in them so I have to build servo mounts from scratch.Having now done a couple its become straight forward.The 3 servos for throttle rudder and elevator fit along side each other so I have to build a support  for the shelf so its at the correct height.As in the days these were originally built the radio system was so basic,the accuracy that had to be used then makes it easier now with the radio equipement we have now making it possible to trim the models controls so much more now.On the first model It took 3 evenings of experimenting before I got ot right,this one took an hour.Ive just the scews to fix the servos in and then the wing servos.This one has flaps ,new territory again for me,so that should be fun.I was going to do the Blue Bipe next but the demise of my Mentor has brought this one forward.Hopefully the fir.st low winger will be done for next weekend

Spent most of the evening trying to get the throttle linkeage set up satisfactorily.Started off to long but by locating a shorter clevis finally managed to get it right.The rudder and elevator were a doddle.Bit stuck on the Aileron and flap sevo position.The bend on rhe connection appear to be 90 degrees wrong.Ill look at another wing that has a servo on it .The other models appear a fairly straight forward fit.

This evening seems to have shown a problem that my in experience isnt sure how to get around.The wing  For the high wing trainer has no way of getting into unless I damage it.The problem I have been unable to solve is the aileron connections go left to right at the same time to go up and down in opposite directions.So when Ive connected a Servo in the normal way,the ailerons go up and down in the same direction,so both up or both down.Any ideas how I get round this please?

Before coming to work I just had to try the way I thought would work,and it did.A full circlethingy on the sevo cut down to a quarter worked a treat.The 2 pics show the right way and the wrong way

This one is the right way,and yes I know that its got fixes and screws missing.I now have to fit them on to the servo,then glue into place are cant reach afterwards

Managed ro get nothing done last night.My mate brought the first low wing trainer back this morning still alot to do on it but he has run out of bits.But it shows me what I have to do with the flaps on the trainer.I coulnt find a mount for the engine,but Ive got one in number 6 model so I can use that as a pattern and then use it in the blue bipe ,so plenty to get on with

Spent the evening trying to remove the engine mount from No6 model.I  I was totally restricted by space and could only find 1 screwdriver that I could reach the bolt heads through a small hole,but managed in the end. can now do 2 things drillholes in the mounts I have and try and locate a couple of original mounts.I was then able to test fit the engine intended for the Blue Bipe,its to big.An OS 40 fits perfectly but I need at least a 46 2 stroke.There isnt room for a 4 sroke to fit unfortunately,

I ordered an SC 52 2 stroke from Galaxy for the Blue Biplane.today.This is the biggest engine that will fit the engine mount and engine bay,so it should have enough power.Ithen fitted the engine,an OS 30 Max into the low winger,very fiddly,no room,and akward angles to put the screw drivers,but managed to get it all connected up eventually and the thottle servo moving the throttle correctly.The only hold up now is the switch.The sides are very thick ,the original placewas inside but the switches I have arent tall enough to drill a hole in to fit a rod to operate from outside

The good news is the SC 52 2 stroke arrived this morning.The bad news,it will not fit.Because of the way these models are built the engine fits into the cowl which is part of the fuselage.I have to fit the engine mount in to the fuselage first and the metal engine mount is threaded to take the engine bolts.There is no way to fit nuts and bolts.The engine mount is solid at the back where it fits the bulkhead.New engine mounts have a gap where the holes to mount them are drilled.I cant drill fresh holes because I cant get in there..I think Ill have to take the engine mount to a model shop and match the most powerfull engine to the mount and take it from there.