Greenacres Electric Fun Fly Weekend Aug 22 & 23rd

Greenacres Annual Electric Fun Fly at Aldridge Airfield, West Midlands. 
A weekend dedicated to all things aeronautically electrical. As usual the weekend will be fairly informal and the rules to a minimum. Pilots must have at least an “A” certificate, and the model must have been flown before. We will try to accommodate similar models in the air together where possible, ie WWII warbirds etc. There will be onsite camping and catering throughout the weekend. There is an informal BBQ on Friday evening for those that can help set-up on Friday afternoon, there will also be the now traditional BBQ on Saturday evening. Last year was a great success and everybody enjoyed some great flying. For more information see the Greenacres website at:

Advert

MPX Gemini Biplane
HET Sniper EDF
MPX Blizzard

Dualsky Extra 260 (if I ever get around rebuilding the U/C mount)
Overlander Tucano (if I fix the aileron servo)
Westwings Hawk EDF (if I install motor + fan + ESC)
Fly Fly / Jepe Raptor F22 (Very doubtful, still in box and the fan hasn't turned up yet!)

Hmm the flyable fleet is getting rather small, must get fixing

What are you bringing?

Tom

Hi Tom,
sounds like you better get fixing matey.

Hopefully I will be flying a YT Hurricane and a Seagull Sea Fury as my main steeds. They fill my Mondy estate on their own

Also I am in the process of putting together a Flair Pair for a bit of fun, the Se5a has flown and is ready the Triplane still needs covering and testing, but should be ready.

I may also bring the 3demon, Wot4 and small Het Tuccano if the weather, heaven forbid, is not so great...........

Anybody else got some Flair Scout series aircraft to fly with us, would be good to see you

Danny

I'm looking forward to this one Danny.

Seagull Sea Fury
DB Cirrus Moth
DB Tiger Moth 
YT Iconic
YT 3Demon (Twin conversion)
Ripmax Alliance
Het Tucano - might have to buy batteries at the funfly for this one! 
LED Zagi for night flying..

2KW Brushless powered scooter? . .. we'll maybe SWMBO might come on that

See you there
Chris 

Hi Danny.
That looks like a great weekend.

On your club website it says  ''For pilots without 'A' Cert, we may have instructors available who may have time to help.''

Does that mean it maybe possible to obtain an A cert on the day.?

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul, it has been suggested that we could do this in the venings perhaps, however - nearly all our examiners fly oily's and don't tend to come to the electric event so we may struggle. I would hate to promise you something and then let you down. We have instructors that can stand by you, or even buddy box, but possibly not examiners.

At GMAC we are having a push to attract more members to attain the "B" status so that we can have more instructors. The current instructors are being encouraged to get the examiner status. But it is a slow process and with the weather being so awful we are getting little time to practice and arrange suitable testing sessions.

Hope you are still enthusiastic to come along it is a great weekend, if I do say so myself, and there is usually a lot of lively discussions regarding the use of A123. Several members of the club has been using/abusing them for 4 or 5 years, the majority of the club members using LiFe as opposed to LiPo.

Cheers
Danny

Posted by Danny Fenton on 06/08/2009 13:43:37
Hope you are still enthusiastic to come along it is a great weekend

Absolutely. I enjoy watching as much as flying. Work permitting, I hope to make one of the days.

I see in your GMAC gallery, photos of Bob Partington, do you know if he will be flying there that weekend? His Spit and Benedini sound system are fantastic and I would like to see him fly again.

Hi Paul, I have heard from Bob and he has said he really enjoys our fun fly and is definitely coming. He has been a stalwart of our events for a few years even though its a bit of a trek for him. He is a great flyer, super smooth and always good to chat to.

Unfortunately Bob told me the Spitfire is no more......... he will be bringing an EDF Su-27 I think he said, and his Hangar 9 P-47 which knowing Bob will have Benedini sound

I will have my YT Hurri, and I am sure the 11 foot Lanc from Fradley will be there. All Electric will be there too bringing I believe a third scale BUSA Pup.

John Emms from Puffin, also flew with us last year, he brought a few models, the two that stick in my mind were a lovely Cirrus Moth and a big Sig Rascal. We had fun comparing Chris's Cirrus and John's. There was some debate as to which was the correct blue lol (probably Johns). I am not sure if John can make it again this year.

Bob Mahoney, chairman of the BEFA also managed to join us with his big Aeronca, again I am not sure if he can join us this year.

We had John Ranson join us last year but alas he cannot make it this year due to other comitments.

There was a rumour of a big 11 foot B-17 on A123's coming last year but he couldn't make it. I must see if i can track it down to see if it will be around this year.

Anyway I am rambling.......

Cheers
Danny

Posted by paul@scc on 06/08/2009 14:24:38:
Posted by Danny Fenton on 06/08/2009 13:43:37
.....Bob Partington, do you know if he will be flying there that weekend?

Bumped into Bob last weekend, and he's hoping to make it on the Saturday.

As usual, this event clashes with the Woodsprings e-event, so Bob likes to spend the Sunday there.

tim

Edited By Tim Hooper on 06/08/2009 15:07:22

Hi Tim, yes Woodspring does clash. I think it was cancelled last year and we got some models that we don't normally see which was nice.

I am not sure but I think Greenacres and Middle Wallop are the only weekend events still running in the UK? I just hope the weather is kind.......

You able to make it Tim?

Cheers
Danny

Posted by Danny Fenton on 06/08/2009 15:30:48:
Hi Tim, yes Woodspring does clash. I think it was cancelled last year and we got some models that we don't normally see which was nice.

I am not sure but I think Greenacres and Middle Wallop are the only weekend events still running in the UK? I just hope the weather is kind.......

You able to make it Tim?

Cheers
Danny

Planning to be there both days!

tim

Danny, I'd like to bring a couple of leccy tiddlers along, but I'm in a club with no instructors, examiners or, afaik, only one or two certificate holders of any sort.  More of an association of flyers than organised BMFA style club.  If the instructors will definitely be available for the odd spot of supervision I'll bring along the MiniPanic, EasyStreet and Lil'Bit. on one day or the other.  Otherwise I'll pop along to see how the big boys do it
As I'm only in south Brum, I can afford to decide when to come along dependant on the weather when I open the curtains.

Hi Bob, I would really like to be able to say yes, but I cannot guarantee when the instructors are going to attend, they will almost certainly be somebody there however I cannot guarantee it. Many of the members and virtually all the instructors fly IC so it is a struggle when this situation arises. You really should grab your A then its not a problem any more.
It would be great to meet you especially after all the help you have given me on the Flair Baronette, which will be there BTW, just putting the decals on now  The smoke cannisters have arrived from Robotbirds too so could be fun.

If you come over make sure you seek me out, I will probably be wearing an A123 jacket, if its nippy, Greenacres Killowatt Club polo if the weather plays ball......

Cheers
Danny

I have heard from Chris, one of the GMAC instructors, and he is planning on being at the event all weekend so you non A's should be good for somebody to stand by you. Just remember its his weekend too and not to hog his time

He is not an examiner I am afrid Paul so cannot test you.

Looking forward to the weekend, just need some weather now......