Anyone get a fly in?

Advert

Got a couple of flights in and my first crash. Aaaaargh. Deadstick on my third take off. About 8 foot up engine stopped, 14 mph crosswind at 90 degrees and didn't get the nose down quick enough to build speed and stalled ending up going in nose first. Not too much damage, broken prop and weights in nose broke through under side of fus. Some balsa and replacement prop and all should be Ok. Got told I'd crash as soon as I passed my A. Oh well, first one out the way I suppose.

Just got in...absolutely cracking day at the big rock - Kevin ( Iawnski ), Paul ( digitup ) and myself had the place to ourselves. No rain all day, blue skies, and great lift and westerly wind after a slowish start.  Superb.
Jart LT had 4  fast outings, and we also enjoyed the usual fun combat stuff with the WTs - made all the funnier by attaching 6 foot long streamers!
Kev flew the lanc - looked great, and Paul enjoyed two of his reasonably new mouldies.
All in all, if you werent there... you missed another truly great day.

My club field would have been horrendously muddy, it has a really bad worm problem, and the soft muddy worm casts get smeared and thrown up by wheels everywhere (YUK) so went to local (legal) park early to maiden a new indoor EPP shockie type plane. (Yup, able to fly something that light outdoors after all that wind yesterday and overnight)

After about half a battery it rained, not too upset as it didn't have enough aileron power for my liking.

Went home, started to work on the plane, developed a splitting headache, crashed out and slept for an hour and a half, finished the plane, aileron throws now more like opposing flaps (!!) then daughters kids round for lunch so usual chaos.................they left at quarter to 2, bit of wind but nice and sunny, so I left too, back to park to fly the 200g plane again in 8-10mph..........which it did very successfully, till dusk loomed.

Good fun prop hanging vertically while moving quite fast sideways....................

So it's ready for an Indoor first flight session next Sun night .

Posted by Big Phil on 15/11/2009 16:35:35:
Did not have the weather to day, but finished off my panic and now waiting for a good day to try her out-can't wait!

Looks good Phil, have you fuel proof sealed all the film joints??  The rainbow Panics look superb, but soon spoil if fuel gets in the joins. (I have a boring old white one, less joins!!)

Posted by ken anderson. on 15/11/2009 15:06:40:
yesterday we were at the cliff's......stiff upper lip and all----3 hour's of fun...............

captn andersonic................ne 1.......

You wouldn't have been out flying down here yesterday Ken!  xcweather reported winds in places on the south coast of 55 mph, gusting to 75mph. 

Even here inland it was reporting in the 40s and 50s mph.

Today - different story.  Fairly sunny,  almost warm.  I flew last weekend with fingerless gloves as it was a bit chilly.  Gloves not needed today.  A bit of a breeze blowing across the strip - but nothing compared to yesterday's gales.  A pleasant afternoon's flying was had by all...