The Mode Survey - what do you fly?

I fly mode 2.

Started with mode 1 as that was recommended by a model shop where I live in the NW of England (near Manchester) who sold me a mode 1 Futaba radio set.....

I learned from a professional instructor who flies mode 1 and he almost instantly recognised that my natural style was mode 2 so I swapped.....been happy ever since

1. Learnt on cuddle-box ( Controlaire/Kraft ) but now fly Mode 2 .                                                 2. Oz N.T.                                                                                                                                                   3. Oz S.A.                                                                                                                                                   4. Self taught - not recommended !

vivian burgess,         I fly mode 2.
                                                   I live in the south.
                                                   And i am self taught.

1 Mode 1
2 Stoke on Trent
3 N. Staffordshire
4 Mostly self taught - sometimes with friend close at hand - I also still use FMS and still not very good at it.

This is a drawn out experience - best use good instructor ,buddy box and sim.

Most folk fly Mode 1 in this area.
As you move into S. Cheshire and upwards it seems to be Mode 2

I am told that mode one came from the early days when reeds were the thing and the TX layout stuck when proportional gear came in. Hence flyers found mode1 very familiar.

Given a choice I would have started off with mode2 as I operated power boats for many years and they were on mode2 even in this area.

Pete