The Mode Survey - what do you fly?

Not wanting to put the cat amongst the pigeons, can we clarify what mode 1 and mode 2 mean.

I have a respected book here from the seventies published by Radio Modeller that has Mode 1 and 2 dow as the opposite of how I understand them.

As I see it, this diagram is INCORRECT ????

Just begs the question, was this correct when published, and when/why did it change?

Nowadays, Mode 1 has Rudder/Elevator on the left stick and Aileron/Throttle on the right.
And mode 2 has Rudder/Throttle on the left and Aileron/Elevator on the right.  

Doesn't it?

Chris

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 13/01/2010 18:27:46

Chris, as a Mode 2 flyer since starting in the mid-70s I agree with your descriptions of the modes and (assuming "M" is meant to be "motor" or throttle) agree that the diagrams are wrong. 

I'm not aware that the modes EVER had the reversed meanings so assume this is an error in the book. 

I did once notice a similar error on the labelling of modes on the BMFA site.  I pointed it out and was told they were already aware of the error and would be correcting it ASAP.  I guess that was at least 5 or 6 years ago - probably much longer.

Hello Techies,

For some strange reason the postings above are behind the banners on the right hand of the page so that we can't read them, this is only on this page 22. The previous pages are OK it's just this one that seems corrupted.

If it's fixable, can you fix it,

Thanking you, Eddie.

Edited By Eddie Stocker - DB Sport and Scale on 13/01/2010 17:00:36

Posted by Eddie Stocker - DB Sport and Scale on 13/01/2010 16:57:48:
Hello Techies,

For some strange reason the postings above are behind the banners on the right hand of the page so that we can't read them, this is only on this page 22. The previous pages are OK it's just this one that seems corrupted.

If it's fixable, can you fix it,

Thanking you, Eddie.

Edited By Eddie Stocker - DB Sport and Scale on 13/01/2010 17:00:36

Its usually caused by people not inserting links correctly, and I have lost count of the number of times we tell people - theres even a tutorial explaining all.

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 13/01/2010 18:26:11