Sussex Model Centre

Advert

Yes very good service. I phoned them up about a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't happy with a couple of dodgy servo's in the supplied model. They sent replacements out to me in a couple of days. No fuss - no attempted charges. Very impressed with them.

Al

I'm a frequent SMC user, probably because they have a great catalogue that I can't help picking up and finding something else to order.

My only criticism would be their web site, if your registered with them and log in, ordering can be a little difficult, for some reason it doesn't like it and won't let you order, not always but it's happened a few times.  SMC know about the issue though and I just call them if I'm having difficulties.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Having had a nightmare service from a small retailer of foam planes its great to report a good news storey.

I ordered a model on a saturday which was supposed to be delivered by the following tuesday. Due to a diversion by the courier, possibly via Alfa Centuri, it ended up being delivered on the Wednesday. I phoned up SMC and without quibble they said they would refund all postage. Got the receipt for the refund on the thursday. Can't moan about that! Thanks SMC.

I'm another very satisfied SMC customer. Just sent for some bits and pieces - including 10 sheets of 1/32 balsa. I ordered Tuesday at about 11:00 at night. My pacel arrived this morning, Thursday - just 36 hours later! What is more it was really well packed and my balsa all arrived in perfect order.

Well done guys

BEB

• 4 years later...

Excellent service and customer relations from SMC.

Ordered some tools from them which arrived before I could blink.

They had mistakenly added an extra item in the package, three items instead of two, e-mailed them to let them know as their stock count would have been out, rather than return it told them to charge my card.

They immediately replied, telling me to keep it with their compliments.

Now that is looking after your customers. yes

• 9 months later...

I have used SMC for a long while now, although do occasionally find models cheaper elsewhere. The service from SMC is first class, I hope they keep going from strength to strength.

I ordered two OS F glow plugs from them late afternoon yesterday and they arrived this morning by the postman. Now that's what's I call prompt service. I wasn't expecting them so quIcky.yes

Parcelforce, for all their faults is much better than this new ( seemingly polish driver based) Amazon courier. Just had a parcel delivered to a house with the same street name, but 10 miles away in a different town. Luckily, the guy in that house found me in the photo ne book and had the decency and integrity to phone me and I collected from him.