The March 2010 issue

IanN

I got mine today too; I was pleased to see the Planet 5 reveiw, and the cartoon at the end (I'd appreciate that amount of skill - non flyers / women eh?). The rest was of usual quality, although I was disapointd that MR. Hawes had had to share his coloumn with the build.

More to go,

birdy

Of course the star article is by one "Timbo",enjoyed Davids article on the Pawnee,and Andys onthe Saratoga 40 although I agree with him over pricing.Similarly with the Denight Special..When discussing a replacement model with Galaxy,Peter mentiond the Pawnee,I didnt like the look of it from the website.Davids article brings it out into a much more attractive package and his enthuisiasm attracted the model to me..Peter millar is there with his bi plane plan ,does that man sleep.Love the Spitfire,This months Mag is very full ,very informative and very enjoyable Thanks Everybody

Thanks Stephen.
We photographed the Pawnee for the cover recently and I spent a morning flying for Graham who had the camera in portrait mode (it's better that way rather than crop a landscape shot for the cover). Getting a clear shot of a model coming towards you and especially one that is bang on sharp is very difficult but we got there eventually.......got the shots on the cover.......and someone in the office said..........who held the wings for you then
But that model is flying....honestly

Just finished mine, a great read as usual.  The stand-out feature for me was the aerial photography article by Reg.  Well written and charged with an infectious enthusiasm.  And points to Timbo for being frank about the shortcomings of the sloper he reviewed.

But David, honestly...  You can see the wings of that Pawnee bowing where you've chocked the wing tips up for that shot!  And adding some authentic looking mud to the wheels to make it look like it had been through a take-off - well that's just sneaky

(Just kidding!)

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 10/02/2010 20:18:13:
No one's mentioned the cover strap line 'top of the crops' - we're very proud of that. It sits alongside 'poultry in motion' for the Graupner Funky Chicken a few years ago.........

"Let us spray"