The May 2010 issue

Advert

I just love the free plan of "Red Ned" ! Although I'm a died in the wool  IC fanatic I want to alter it slightly for 'leccy power . Can anyone suggest what I should use equivalent to a "25" ? I rather think a folding prop might be appropriate too . Something wrong with me I think but I havn't got a glider (just loads of wood ) so this design fits all the criteria

This month's magazine appears to be one of the best with a good variety of articles.There was a fearless article on a Multiplex product. Bravo!

Pleasantly absent is the respectful homage to 'trade' flyers, who in my opinion get too much coverage overall. They don't build the models they fly in many cases and as professionals they should be good. Am I the only one who cringes when we get '*' s in the word electric when electric flying is mentioned. This might have been amusing 10 years ago but we've moved on and electric is here to stay.  It certainly looks like becoming the majority interest very soon if it isn't already.  At least the word 'utterly' hasn't  cropped up - I always associate this with margarine adverts. Please Mr Editor get your felt tipped pen out.

Overall this is a good magazine, eagerly awaited each month - I'd just like to see a few minor editorial amendments that all. By the way mine had no pages 15 to 22 and 119 to 126 as well to there must have been a party at the printers.

Ian

Ian,

I mildly agree with your point re the "*" in Old Matey Boys column, though its just his style and all in all his style is pretty good!  As for electric being here to stay, I think even that comment is dated now -  electric is simply another arm of the modelling way of life, like diesel, glow, bungee etc etc.

The editorial style I do NOT like is the pasting of snippets of text into the main image as huge type, like banner heads or whatever they are called.  Reminds me of Tr*pl*t style...shudder shudder. 

David 

Posted by Ian Heath on 08/04/2010 11:12:22:
. Am I the only one who cringes when we get '*' s in the word electric when electric flying is mentioned. This might have been amusing 10 years ago but we've moved on and electric is here to stay.  It certainly looks like becoming the majority interest very soon if it isn't already.  At least the word 'utterly' hasn't  cropped up - I always associate this with margarine adverts. Please Mr Editor get your felt tipped pen out.

Ian

It's Alex Whittaker's long running 'joke' Ian, you should only find it in his column, nowhere else I hope?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 08/04/2010 19:56:23

Hello there the writers and editors of this fine magazine.

I was having a little flick through my April issue and was very much looking forward to the 'Cyril Car' Supermarine Stranraer' Pro-Plan.  
Now, am I being totally stupid, or does the preview of May's issue say that we shall be enjoying the 'Red Ned'?

I hope that I am not going completely Mad!?

Timbo
Thanks for your recommended electrikkery conversion of "Red Ned". I presume you have now seen the plan/article . Could you specify exactly what I need ,starting with the lipo size & so on . I don't think it's a very pretty model but am thinking of making the outer wing sections elliptical to make it look a bit more graceful ! Nobody has yet commented as to whether they like it ?

I have the mag...but not bothered to read that particular piece yet, as it just doesnt appeal.
However, I shall read it soon, as I do eventually read all of the mag - but I am off ut flying now or the rest of the day. Ill post something later, unless someone else beats me to it.

Just got my mag
Good to see a few simple articles in current issue.  It may be boring for some yet informative to others. Then again sometimes the simpler things are the things that cause the problems.
Havent read it all yet but must read about large model setup.

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 10/04/2010 12:57:56:
Timbo
Thanks for your recommended electrikkery conversion of "Red Ned". I presume you have now seen the plan/article . Could you specify exactly what I need ,starting with the lipo size & so on . I don't think it's a very pretty model but am thinking of making the outer wing sections elliptical to make it look a bit more graceful ! Nobody has yet commented as to whether they like it ?

Myron, if you still want this please start a new thread in the correct section and I wil get back to you.