This weekend looks good!

Advert

Had my first mid-air yesterday morning   Flew my Wot T through a small 24" span foamy Bi-plane.  It didn't survive

Good news is my Wot T was unscathed, apart from a slight scratch on the prop.

Out of ALL that sky !!!  Go figure

BB

flew my new hyperion edge yesterday, well pleased it flies great and shows lots of promise. also flew my rcm&e free plan p-40 which was lovely to fly as always, even in up to 10mph gusts. dad also had his 1st sortie with the p-40 - on the buddy box - but seemed happy with it so i'll probably let him loose on it soon, especially as we want to fly mock combat with our similar size tony nijhuis zero this summer

i also maidened dad's new yt zlin 25e which also flies very nicely, but i prefer my edge .

i also saw my 1st wot 4 artf and was as uninspired by it in the flesh as i have been by the pictures. didn't see it fly, but if wot owners are right, they must fly a lot better than they look .

well today-sunday is better than yesterday...at our club site there is a 'climb and glide' comp taking place..............i decided not enter and let some of the commoner's have an attempt to win.......allthough going off the sat practice there will be a fair amount of underhand shananagon's...going on - especially c.carr and a.freeman........(dastardly and muttly)..they were entering as.......... 

ken anderson..........ne 1.   

well i took 5 flyable models to the patch and bought home 3 flyable models, my trusty trogan bit the dust (first bad prang in 18 months of buying it).my fault in trying to fly it in too much wind. my extreme flight vanquish was test flown by my tame expert and performed very well, he then passed me the tranny, i thought i had a tiger by the tail it was so sensitive i very nearly lost it myself so he took it back and landed it, he reset the rates and dialed in 70% expo and said try that but because the wind was realy blowing hard i said no. terry took it back up to see how it would perform as he had not rung it out on the first flight. he took off and shoot it vertical she climbed like a homesick angel to about 400ft and he put her through her paces she was going well till the wind got revenge and blew her down breaking the prop and taking her nose off at the baulkhead. both planes are repairable, so its now time to get the glue out and make some sense of 2 jigsaw puzzles, one wood and one foam didnt fly the other 3 planes i wonder why

david, i have just checked the settings on my dx6i, ailerons +70 elevator +50 my expert knows i realy cant handle this type of plane as it should be set up. even on those rates he flew it and it was very lively to say the least. the rebuild is going well as my brother came round to see how bad it was, he got busy with the balsa, ply and cyano and the fusalage now looks likea proper job, just some strenghening to do and some holes to fill

One of our club members managed to "crash" his model before even assembling it yesterday.   He put the wing down on the ground whilst getting the fuz out of the car,  the wind caught the wing and blew it against a gatepost,  fortunately only puncturing the 'film.  A quick trip to Mr. Patel's Newsagent's Emporium and he returned with sellotape to patch the split film - enough to stop it getting worse. 

Then he couldn't get the engine to run - seems the ignition battery (petrol engine) was suspect.  Not really his day!