Flying this weekend?

Advert

Just about a perfect weekend in the making. Flew my Weston Capiche 140 this morning into a 9mph wind and she handled aeros and landing beautifully! Stopped to watch WW2 Douglas DC3 Dakota perform over Redlingfield in Suffolk to salute a new war memorial for a crashed US bomber crew in 1943. Those radial engines are a sound to behold. Sunday sees the "Sally B" B17 fly over Horham in Suffolk to salute the guys of the 95th Bomb Group if the weather holds. Life is great!! 

i've been doing some covering today............the whole of the passage/landing and stair's........covered the lot with vinyl silk......should get me a few brownie point's.......hopefully......     ... i've been up down the ladder's more time's than fireman sam......

changing room's anderson..... ne 1.....

Choppy air here but maidened the West Wings Fournier, which was a bit more exciting than I'd anticipated!

Having joined the wings with 40mm dihedral rather than the specified 4 inches (don't ask) I was prepared for a loss of lateral stability but it seemed to have a mind of its own..........I suspect the C of G was a bit marginal too.

Managed to regain some sort of control when it was about 400 yards away over the valley and was able to crab it back to a safe landing about 50 yards from me - phew!

Put the Sea Fury about after that just to make me feel better.........

I've put the wing joint through the scroll saw this evening, made up a new dihedral brace and it is all drying, with the correct dihedral, as I type...........

Try again tomorrow, after the Monaco GP of course..............

Pete