Greenacres Electric Fun Fly - 23rd - 25th July

OK today has been good, not as busy as other recent events but we've had 4 to 6 models in the air at all times. Being quieter everyone has flown as much as they like.

It has threatened to rain quite a few times but held off until flying closed at 5:00. Had a good shower after that, but flying continues off the peg right now.

4 random pics :-

Check out the party piece launch!! 

Edited By Chris Bott on 24/07/2010 19:38:05

Advert

We checked ALL the buns very careful before consumption, and they definitely didn't have your name on them. There was one of dubious origin...... we have left it behind the swings in the childrens play area, you may have to be quick though, Chris was eying it up......

What a fantastic weekend made all the better by good company.

Many thanks to all from Greenacres MAC for all the hard work and effort that goes into making this such a brilliant event.  It was ace to meet so many folks from the various forums as well as some old friends too.

Some cracking models flew over the weekend. I'll try to put up a few pictures that my boy took yesterday once I get them on this computer.

Once again, thanks folks and hope to see you all again next year

It took me an hour longer to get home than it did getting there, but still very much worth the effort. Many thanks to all of GMAC who ran the show this weekend, and for your warm welcome and hospitality through out. Danny, Brian, Chris, Tim and everyone else, great to meet with you gents, very much looking forward to the next face to face encounter. Until then I'll see you in the forum.

Stuart (prop)

I must say a really big thank you to everybody for making the journey (in some cases quite soon after the last journey) to Greenacres. Tim , Netty and Ruby, you are welcome anytime. It was fabulous to meet Stuart (Prop) and see his amazing Cub, which he flew the socks off I have to say. A very knowledgeable and easy to get along with chap if ever there was one. Leccyflyer and littleleccy (740 photoes in a day) it was great to meet you and share a flight line.
Anybody I have forgotten, I am sorry, but its been a long weekend and I am knackered. Hope everybody got home safely and I really hope we can all meet again on a flightline somewhere soon.

And yes Timbo I must build something to sacrifice to the Orme Rock

Cheers
Danny

Danny you are too kind, leccy thanks for posting the pictures, he is very hot on the shutter your son, great shots. and thanks for the CD and a special thansk for the sticky foil, it will serve me well for a long time to come.

BTW can I ask if this event will be the same time next year? Because you know that wedding of mine we we're speaking of, well its the very same weekend this time next year! Not even married yet and its already playing its evil hand to my hobby

I guess I could always move the date....

prop.

Leccyflyer is right, we usually run the event 3 or 4 weeks later in the year, but I believe the fottballers complained that the pitches need a month to recover from us abusing them, so last weekend was the last available one to us. (I am sure Chris will correct if I am wrong) I guess studded boots don't do anything to the ground and our models do??
The date may well move again next year, it is all under discussion at the moment.  

I too have been promising to go to Colerne for Bob Partington's SPARCS bash, it will be well worth it I am sure. Bob and his wife were involved in a bit of a bump in their car and has not been out and about much. If you do get over there leccy give him and his wife my best wishes and hope they get better soon.

Cheers
Danny

Will do Danny.

I was gobsmacked to learn that the field is used for football in the winter. The groundstaff must do a superb job of maintaining their pitches, because the quality of the turf there is excellent.  By May most municipal football pitches are either a quagmire  <giggetty>  or a desert of bone hard, rutted earth, with a thin veneer of tortured grass. Authentic for some of the luvverly WWI biplanes (and monoplanes and triplanes) but less forgiving to the rest.

We really couldn't have wished for a better surface than that which was in evidence over the weekend,