Replacement windscreen and Dummy WW1 engine

Mike E

Advert

Posted by Mike E on 22/09/2010 08:57:05:
Thanks every one - I would attempt to fold a new screen but it has the a leading edge profile in it which I have failed to match ( despite destroying a few sheets)
Keep your suggestions coming please
Mike

Mike,  make them out of light card (cornflake packet etc) first,  then when it fits use that as a template for the acetate.

Thanks for the alternative - I will have a look to see if they can help.

Vortex are still advertising, but a package sent to them was rejected and returned unopened to me and they have not replied to my e mails requesting further information about this or my initial request for other items. Totally out of character as they provided excellent service in the past????????

Hi Mike, There are radial/rotary engine cylinders available. Try Mick Reeves, who make some basic bits that can be worked on to give an impressive result.
Also, try williams brothers from Proctor in America. Finally, Arizona model aircrafters make some nice bits, but its a new mortgage job

Now, if its a rotary le rhone etc., and you want to give it a whirl, that's a challenge

ernie