Selling on E Bay

Stephen Grigg

Advert

I have just returned home after a weekend away. I have found that I have won the cheaper item on eBay for much less than my top bid.

But I lost the second item a kit, which would cost £93 in a shop, which went for £88 pre-owned, unused, but opened. I don't really see the point in offering that much.

Posted by Peter Miller on 02/11/2010 18:11:47:
If you watch a lot of things you will find that some people are known to pay MORE than the shop price.

Very often in fact.

RC supplies have become very expensive on ebay recently, problem made worse by unscrupulous sellers putting "UK" in the title, or even blatantly saying the item is in the UK when it is not.

My ebay purchases have more than halved over the last few months

Hi Chris,probably an Irvine 40,Thunder tiger GP 25,Irvine 36,OS 35,OS15,Desoutter with an OS 30 My Pup when its flown tuesday with an OS 56 Alpha,possibly my lovely Vic Smead Mamselle with a Thuder Tiger 15 GP in it Probably an OS 40SR Max,.Imay change direction also and if so a couple of vintage low wingers biplanes and possibly a couple of warbirds,There are more engines to check over yet..

I may be interested in either the Irvine 40, or OS 40, I guess the Irving isn't a mk 4?  If not, maybe preferably the OS?   Depending on  condition and if  they are good running engines (and if the price is right  ).  As you saw I just had big probs with a new SC40,  which is going back.

Though I still may just bite the bullet and buy the new SC40 at £42 from my local man!

If you post 2nd class recorded I think you'll find it's under £3?  Well that's what the last  os 40 I posted cost anyway.

PM me maybe?

Edited By Bob Moore on 14/11/2010 22:24:20

hi Bob unbelievably I just watched a New  O S 40 LA make a staggering £77 on E Bay followed by another new one that made £40.I ran the Irvine today,the engine sounds fine but the throttle doesnt fully close.I need to see if there is a throttle stop that needs adjusting.Ive not run the OS 40 yet but will keep you posted on  it..I should run it this week..

Thanks Stephen though I think I will most likely go for a new SC40 from my man.  I've only ever had one NEW engine. It was an SC25. I ran it in very carefully and it has never let me down. Starts easily with a flick of the finger and only dead sticks on me if the kerplunk has jammed itself forward in the tank. (Like last week!)

Edited By Bob Moore on 14/11/2010 23:10:21

In a way  No,Im in need of some engines and i need to sell engines Im not in need of,but I may sell some engines I find I need later so Ill just have to make sure I buy them cheaper on E Bay next time round.Ive just found a carb I think fits an MDS 61.This engine looks little used so Im preparing that one to test
 next followed by an OS 40SR Max which is to powerfull for a Puss Moth which I want tgo fit an OS 40FP,see its all logic.

OK check me out on this Stephen - I think I've got it, but I'm not 100% sure...

You're selling engines you don't need on ebay to raise funds to buy engines you need, however you might need the engines you don't need now then, so at that point you'll buy back the engines you don't need because you'll need them. But if the engines you don't need cost more when you try to buy them when you'll need them you'll just stick with the ones you don't need as you don't need them.

Is that right?

BEB

I can tell your a proffesor BEB,mind you it was the way you sussed Gemma out that did it,couldnt have explained it better myself.Mind you Ive looked at the MDS 61 and dont think its been used its ready for testing in the morning..I struggled to fit the silencer on the OS 40SR Max because the only threaded screws that fit the thread in the head  are slotted heads and had trouble getting  a screw driver at them but there tight now.