Selling on E Bay

Stephen Grigg

Advert

Try the BMFA Classifieds, Stephen - if they're quality brands they should sell for a reasonable price. If no joy there, then Ebay them. There are plenty of discerning buyers who'll pay a good price for what they want...........that's why I don't bother bidding very often

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Im  selling my Scale Desoutter,3 futaba receivers 35MHz, an OS 40SR and an Irvine 40.If the Cessna flies well on Sunday thatll go next.I flew the Puppeteer last week with a view to selling that but it flies so well Im hovering over it.Im also going to sell an electric Organ./piano,as Im just using it as a shelf,.But I have to get it out to photograph.

My son instucted me that I should work it out that thinga being sold on E Bay should end around 9 pm Sunday evenings.So how come Ive one ended just before midnight last night and the second one ends in a few minutes.Theyve finished up all over the place.,I think something changed  at the same time as 2 disappeared.

I'm with you on that one Stephen. I sent off two eBay parcels this morning which had a combined weight of 2.065Kg. In one parcel it would have cost ?22, in two it was just over a tenner!! Stupid maths and very sharp pricing practice if you ask me!! Apparently eBay UK had their busiest trading day ever on Sunday - 5 million users online buying approx 16 items per second. Could be good news for your engine fetish ; )

Edited By Richard Carpenter on 07/12/2010 15:48:55

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Peter Miller on 02/11/2010 18:11:47:
If you watch a lot of things you will find that some people are known to pay MORE than the shop price.

If someone over values an item you are selling should you feel guilty about it or should you just accept it as a good deal

Sorry but if they can't take a few minutes to check out comparative prices I will not feel guilty in the slightest.

I would never, ever rip anyone off but it is an auction and they paid what they felt it was worth.

After all if you bought something at auction, Ebay or otherwise, at a bargain price would you say that you should pay more?

In the past I have been offered valuable collectors engines etc at bargain, even give away prices. In that case I have and do tell the sellers that they are worth far more that they are asking. I have even told them that they are worth more that I can afford. But that is different from an auction

Peter is absolutely on the button.I run all my engines beofre I  put them on E Bay to ensure the are in good order,I donr put reserves on them so its up to the Billy Bunter to pay what he values the item at.I payed £85 for a saito 40,it came with an invoice for new bearing,they were shot.Ive had the engine overhauled and still cant get it to run correctly.I will not sell that engine until Im satisfied its OK

Some guy had an EDF jobbie on offer last week. At the bottom of his listing he mentioned that it was up for sale elsewhere, he wouldn't accept any stupid offers and he wanted £320 o.n.o. for it.

Well, it continued through the auction and the final bid was £51..........

I waited a week for some feedback and, sure enough, the winning bidder has posted negative feedback because the seller sold it elsewhere. Here's the link if anyone is interested (particularly in avoiding any auctions by this geezer!!!). That's two negs in a row for the same reason............I wonder if Ebay will keep him on?

Pete