The Biplane Thread

Advert

He he, I can take what I give so no problems!

She will be white with red bits, like a stripe down the sides and sunbursts on the top wing and red control surfaces. Same colour as Dad's two Jesters (38" and scaled up 45" which had long and faithful lives and flew brilliantly. In fact, the undercarriage on the Domino is the one that was on the 45" span Jester, so it is about 25 years old!

Here is the OS 70 close up...

OS 70 Surpass in cowl

The OS is very big for this plane (Dad says 'manly'!) but I think it looks better with it, makes it look more interesting in my eye (and it will sound fantastic!). If you did want to hide the engine you could use the plastic cowl in the kit which is larger with cheeks and a smaller crank cased engine like a Saito 62 or a two stroke. Or you could use washing machine power (sorry, all in good spirits!wink 2)

The Jester will have an OS 25 FSR two stroke (the same engine that was on Dad's original Jester, re-living the past I am!), at 90 degrees again probably.

CS

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Michael Valentin on 23/01/2013 22:13:49:

To Jeff2wings :

On page 15 you have posted 4 pictures.

Could you give me make and model of those airplanes ?

I have found what I believe to be the same plane, in an addict at an old friends house.

Thankyou in advance,

Michael

If you mean these ones then it's a Wik models of Germany Super Tiger ,originenaly it first appeared as the Wik Tiger in 1967 then updated in about 1970(ish) to super !

imga0426.jpg

Oh crap ... Now im just not sure anymore...

The Wik Tiger is all wood it seems, but my model has a upper body half, that is molded in plastic.

I would appriciate all the help regarding the model. I have pictures of my model, and can mail who ever

wants to give it a try on "naming that model" . Im interested in facts/ info , because the model is not finished.

instead of using this fine thread..... Please contact me on the mail above. And I will send pictures.

Michael Valentin, Denmark

I cant wait for someone to contact me....so here we go..is this a WIK Tiger ?

It sure as he.. look like the Tiger, but the molded plastic part on the upper body half...?

Please comment on this, and let me know.

Im sure I can finish the airplane with the plans on the Tiger, since they look like each other.

Here is the plane I found :

foto 1.jpg

foto 2.jpg

Posted by Eck on 25/01/2013 13:42:49:

Certainly looks very similar, Michael. Why not P.M. Jeff2Wings to ask whether the Super Tiger has the plastic upper deck?

I am used to another forum, and on that you click on the avatar, to PM a member. Wenn I did that, Jeff2Wings profile was not public.

I just now see that you can message a member, right under the post, sorry for that.

In the meen time, I have found answers on a German forum, that states that the Tiger , was all wood, but the Super Tiger had the plastic upper part.

So the answer to my own question is, it is a WIK Super Tiger....thumbs up

Thanks, there is a thread for it too.

As for lateral balance, there isn't any weight on the port tip currently. We have had 80 four strokes out the side of Wot 4s and it was fine, so I'll ask Dad if it is necessary. I don't really want to have a bit of lead stuck on the wing tip, so we'll probably fly it first and see if it needs anything.

Bipe no 2 (Jester) engine has arrived, a new Saito 40a, it is an absolute gem, beautiful.

CS

• 6 months later...