heated rear windscreen

Phil  Claridge

can anyone help, this is not a model problem but it is my model transporter. the connector for the screen has come adrift, it looks like a dry solder joint but i have heard of a conductive glue that some people use has anyone used this stuff or know where i can get some. i'm tempted to try soldering it but its very awkward to get in there with an iron

Advert

Phil
Sounds like you have an old Skoda where the heated rear window was essential to push it in the sort of weather we have now ! I'd just clean up the contacting surfaces and overlap them (or add a thin copper strip) then slap a length of gaffer tape over the join until the weather improves & eventually just like your soldering skills might .
Myron

know what you mean stephen, ive sold loads of cars outside my house and at garages where i worked. one bloke came back after six months and said his radiateor was leaking and wanted me to take the car back when i told him to go forth he got most upset and called the police who actually came round (must have been a quiet day) told them i had sold it to him six months ago and they laughed and told him to leave. he then asked for some water for his radiator, so being the gentleman i am i got a washing up bowl full for him and in pouring it in he soaked his engine and the car would not start. i left him to wait till it dried out

used to be amazed at what you could sell to some people, we bought an original fiat multipla at shoreham car auctios for£25 as no one wanted it, and i told the boss i would buy it off him as a runabout when i got paid at the end of the week. the fiat was parked on the forecourt and less than an hour after we got back from the auction . a bloke pulled up in an old stadard van and asked if the fiat was for sale, i said jokingly(yes £300) he said i will be back in a minute and went. to my amazment he returned waving £300 and took the fiat  not even test driving it with no guarantee or anythingm said he had been looking for one for years. he left us the standard van which had 2 months tax and mot on it and we used that as a garage car for a month. my boss was only 18 at the time and i was 20 so one day we were bored so we decided to paint the van it ended up bright orange with matt black bumpers and hubcaps.the paint was a pot of dulux and blackboard paint, two days later a supply teacher came in and said he was loking for a car to use for a few weeks so we sold him the standard for£50 always said theres nowt so queer as folk

• 4 weeks later...