Biggles' Mess

Two of the worlds shortest stories.

Flash Gordon returns to Mars.                   "Hi Ma, I'm home"

Fleas.                       Adam, 'ad 'em.

kevinb. What do you expect on a Sunday afternoon ?

Edited By kevin b on 18/08/2013 15:37:16

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/08/2013 14:38:43:

I agree "Snickers" is a stupid name for a chocolate bar. Chocolate bars are well known to be astronomical objetcs - otherwise why would we have; Galaxy, Mars, Milky Way, Yorkie,....hang on - how did that get in there? disgust

BEB

My sis lives in Yorkshire, and she's often on cloud nine, which is close eonugh to the stars for me. So, there you go.

Posted by Chuck Plains on 18/08/2013 16:18:29:
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/08/2013 14:38:43:

I agree "Snickers" is a stupid name for a chocolate bar. Chocolate bars are well known to be astronomical objetcs - otherwise why would we have; Galaxy, Mars, Milky Way, Yorkie,....hang on - how did that get in there? disgust

BEB

My sis lives in Yorkshire, and she's often on cloud nine, which is close eonugh to the stars for me. So, there you go.

But, but. Yorkies are NOT for girls (the ads told us that)

This could go in the jokes section, but as there are references to confectionery recently on this forum, the funniest joke at the Edinburgh fringe this year was judged to be one about about a chocolate bar. I won't repeat it, because although it is clean, it is well known, and not very good, but I remember one of my stepchildren telling it to me when they were teenagers, they are all in their late thirties and forties now.

Last years was just as bad.

Apart from that.

There have been some genuinely good jokes on here, (not mine face 7) perhaps we could resurrect say ten of the best from the distant past and vote on them. (I guess that Ken NE.1 will have three or four on the list.)face 1

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 20/08/2013 09:14:56

Told to me by a blind man..

Guy goes in to an antique shop with a lovely labrador. Suddenly he starts swirling the poor dog round and round by his lead. "Oi!, whoah, whoah, what are you doing to that poor dog?", shouts the shop owner.

Mystified, the guy says, "Oh that's OK, juts lookin' round"

Martin

When visiting the Elvington show this year I decided to invest in a Spectrum DX8 having up to now used a DX6i, which I'm still pleased with. My brother, who already has a DX8, advised me to get a Lipo Tx battery as the Nimh supplied was worse than usless, so I got one and it arrived to day. Putting it on charge and changing the battery settings to Lipo I decided to read the manual. I was wondering if any one has ever considered doing a 'Plain English' version because some of the stuff in the manual comes over as gibberish, or am I just getting a bit past it.

• 4 weeks later...

This morning I heard the sound of a piston engined aircraft nearby. Just caught sight of it as it passed between some trees. It appeared to be a Junkers JU52. It certainly had one engine on each wing, was low wing with pronounced dihedral, it was distant and going away from me so couldn't see if there was a third engine. Squareish fuselage section.

This was in the Portsmouth area. Anyone know if there was one in the region?

Edit, just realised it was the Goodwood Revival, so it was a JU 52....Owned by Lufthansa.

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 15/09/2013 23:48:38

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 15/09/2013 23:56:07

On Saturday, late afternoon a Lancaster flew low over Sale, coming from a southerly direction, heading northward, to the east of central Manchester,

A short time later 4 aerobatic aircraft, appeared, heading in a similar direction, returning on a reciprocal course shortly after.

All aircraft, very low, at about light aircraft height, or slightly lower. In any case well below Manchester (Ringway) International aircraft circuit height.

Not a clue where they were going though, nor where they came from.

Hmmm, Chorley! I guess they were heading to the east of Manchester to stay outside Manchester Barton circuit, then swinging onto a northerly course.

I must say that the Lancaster was more impressive, flying low, in transit, than I have seen at airshows. It could be coming straight at us, then going overhead, is more impressive than seeing the aircraft from the side, at a short distance.

Living at Chorley, you must know John O'Donell and knew Al Wisher (of Blue Beast Fame).

Ere. someones pinched my seat ! Never mind, there's always room for a little un if you'll all shift up a bit.

Amazon dropped me off a nice little book about the Arado 196 (a favourite) by Topdrawings the other day, with some really nice 1/32 drawings. I really would like to build one someday. Anyone know of any decent plans or kits available ?

Anyway I blew them up to 1/6 scale and they have come up great. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of rivets on it and every one perfectly placed !!! Definitely a very long term project for a nine cylinder petrol.

Better start saving methinks. Right. Where's the ketchup ?

kevinb. Just droped in for a quick one.

Edited By kevin b on 16/09/2013 20:35:01

I guess John wher you were? I saw the planes on the outskirts of Greater Manchester, at a place called Ashton-on-Mersey, if for example you were say at Rochdale, or Oldham, there was probably no chance. You would be some 14 or more miles out.

I guess that is life though, sometimes you get lucky. Mostly not in my case, although a few weeks back I saw an Antinov 225, stood in the same place. I guess that also came out of Ringway.