Control Rods

Shaun Clarke

Newcastle upon Tyne ' Didn't know there were any others . Then again I only know the tiny bit of Wales I went to, to get drenched in ie Anglesea  & the mumblies ( Rhossilly  Bay ) where I never got the chance to get my hang glider off the roof rack of my VW camper van But I must say the hospitaliy in the south was great given to two drenched fliers .We had the local opened for us AFTER time ,given a stiff whisky (Scottish) a bath & a free room for the night !I think the guitar was a contributory factor mind you .They're not used to proper singers in Wales apparently

My Futuba servo's finally arrived yesterday (good old Royal Mail). The control does not fit through the hole to make a Z bend as suspected. Incidently the maual tells me to ream out the servo arm hole to make the wire fit. I seemed to recall Timbo telling me NOT to do this. Will have to go with one of the ideas suggested earlier in the post....or simply replace the control rods with better ones.

Myron... as you are obviously not keeping up with the replies to your comments about Wales/ Welsh matters on the other threads to which you have contributed, I say again

If you are going to insult Wales / Welsh people then at least have the decency to spell ANGLESEY correctly.

PS the "other" Newcastle is "Newcastle-under-Lyme"

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Newcastle-under-Lyme,+UK&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Reading one of David Boddingtons books last night, he briefly mentions a device (not by name) that may solve my problem. It is bascically a small 'barrel' shape thing with a screw thread in the bottom. The barrel then attaches to the hole in the servo arm and is secured in place by a screw. The control rod then passes through a hole and is bent and a grub screw appears to secure it. Anybody used these? Would save having to glue a clevis etc on the end or replace the rods.