E-scale Supermarine Seafire

scott cuppello

Advert

Not sure where this marigold thing started from - all I said was that you IC lot need to allow some budget for your baby wipes - for cleaning all that 'orrible gunge off.
I strenuously deny ever having worn or of having intention to wear, rubber garments of any description - that is, until the nurse says I must for the benefit of the chambermaids
PS Jo - I still have an SC 91 four stroke in my Spitfire - but can never be bothered with all the paraphernalia needed to get it up to the filed and flying these days.

Just got back from Weston and managed to have a good look at the kit. First impressions are that the quality is excellent, the pilot is a little on the large side but should be easy enough to replace as the canopy is screwed on. The cowling is gorgeous with the exhaust stacks moulded in, it will be a shame to cut half of it off for a cylinder head and exhaust so may have to go electric with this. The guy from Inwoods said the model is limited to a production run of 100, find this a little hard to believe but if numbers are limited then I bet it will sell like hotcakes.

Ah, thats a bummer - maybe you could use A123 cells, and then you can charge in-situ?

I think its very odd ( and somewhat shortsighted of them ) to market this, especially as its under the E scale brand yet not have made proviso for the leccy brigade .

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 19/06/2011 10:56:17

Got mine Monday, thanks Swindon Model Centre, quality first class and packing but the decals were crumpled the bag they were in had some how shrunk? but think they are useable. Think electric is the way to go so as not to spoil the lines and yes i know a IC FS would sound good but why not fit a sound system they aint a bank breaker. The biggest let down for me was the undercart far far from being any where near scale, may be able to bring closer to scale with the new electric retracts as they come in 3 types and i believe the 80 degree set may be close.

Rob

Hugh,

"Aircraft this model was based on" since as you have highlighted its not an exact scale replica. The kit vcarries the markings of the aircraft based at Nth Weald but as you are aware there are several errors in the manufacture.I'm sure a keen modeler can modiify the aircraft to be a truer scale model ut for many the will be happy to have a 'Spitfire'

Keiran