Charity Mass Build Signing Up Thread

That's great. When David and I where first planning this we agreed in a PM that it would be really great if we could reach a total of 50 people taking part. So this became a sort of "target" for us.

Looks like we're there - well done everyone!

BEB

PS Its still not too late for any "late comers" to sign up!

Am domiciled in the Murcia Region of Spain for two more months and have just ordered my Webbit to be delivered out here to give me something to do . Am virtually a complete novice, but who cares.......

Can I take this opportunity to publicaly praise Ann at SWM who has answered my Emails virtually by return, including over this last weekend, and given guidance and advice re shipping the kit and several associated bits and pieces out here. What a lovely lady................

David Perkins

You've got 6 weeks whacky so as David says no way too late! And let's face it, if you need a bit more time we not exactly going to send the police round and forcibly drag you away from the building board

Iamgine it, it would be like an exam - only instead of "Put down yours pens" etc. it would "Right, time's up, stop covering now and put down your irons, make sure you have your name of each peice of WebBit"

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 01/04/2011 22:58:38:
You've got 6 weeks whacky so as David says no way too late! And let's face it, if you need a bit more time we not exactly going to send the police round and forcibly drag you away from the building board

Iamgine it, it would be like an exam - only instead of "Put down yours pens" etc. it would "Right, time's up, stop covering now and put down your irons, make sure you have your name of each peice of WebBit"

BEB

Cool I will get one ordered.

Posted by Chris Bott on 01/04/2011 19:29:08:
Hi Martin, welcome to the build.

Yours is one of the Greenacres eight isn't it?
Cheers
Chris

Yes Chris, I'm learning a lot already!

I've been and gorn and dunnit.

I called in at Webbies this morning and picked up another kit. I am joining the build.

For those of you who imagine Steve Webb Models in a huge industrial unit with fork-lift trucks scurrying around the place and huge areas of racking and a production line of kit assemblers, I can only say - wishful thinking.

This morning they were busy. The folk in there seem to be cheerful all the time whatever is thrown at them. I have seen the Ann Fan club offerings above. She's lovely to meet in person too - and I have my wife's, that is Flappit's permission to say so.

So I am planning on building another leccie one. This time I will be giving more thought as to where the battery and stuff goes so as to avoid extra lead.

Now I am just as daft as the rest of you.

(Is that in improvement or not?)

Plummet

My Name Is Bill Pettit I just came home from total hip replacement due to Arthritis and am going stir crazy, a friend on your side of the pond pointed out this Charity Build and I was hooked. A very good cause by the way. I live in Saratoga Springs, New York, USA. I received an e-mail that my kit will be on its way soon as of 4/9/2011. So for now I am surfing build sites an getting educated sort of speaking. This is just the type of build that will help ease me back into building after my surgery. Hope I can scale the cellar stairs soon I think so.

Hope to begin soon Bill

Hi Bill and welcome on board! Lots of fun still ahead! We have webbit builders in New Zealand, South Africa, Malta, Spain, France etc. But I think you're the first from the US - and very welcome for it too! We'll have a webbit builder in all time zones soon - 24 hour a day webbit building!

If you haven't done so yet Bill, you can find the background to the project here.

The in in-build chat thread is here

In addition there are "lead build blogs" for the fuse, wings, electric installation, ic installation, covering, control systems etc. and of course lots of individual build blogs!

And of course we hope you'll be posting your own build blog as well!

BEB

Bill,
Welcome on board whilst you are waiting for your WeBit to arrive its well worth looking through some of the builds etc you will be needing a little extra wood for spars and sheeting so you can get stocked up in readiness. There is a list somewhere that someone has compiled. Then of course there is the choice of your power installation, IC or electric
Plenty to do and think about before the arrival of your kit