PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

I see one of the guys was flying a T-45: **LINK**

t45.jpg

Converting one of these to PSS could be a quick and easy way to get something in the air. I have one in the build queue. Still deciding whether to just strengthen it internally or go to town and do a complete makeover with glassing and carbon.

Edited By KiwiKid on 23/04/2016 01:31:57

Advert

Posted by Karl Jackson 1 on 22/04/2016 23:21:52:
I've been following the tornado builds on here, and then there's the bae hawk I've seen in various colours schemes!! How would you rate these as a first pss model?

Not having flown the Tornado or Hawk I couldn't really say how they perform. I have seen them fly and the Tornado does seem to need quite a bit of wind compared to the Hawk.

I have tried the foamie HK T45 though and although it did fly it was very slow and didn't seem to penetrate very well. Dave Fettes flew one at the weekend and managed to fly when most others couldn't. For a first entry into PSS I would reccomend something like the Jet Provost which although needs a bit more wind does fly very well and quite fast.

I have seen this years mass build Skyhawk fly as well and it looks like it will go as well as the JP although it did look a bit slower in the air.

Thanks for the info guys. I'd prefer to build a model even though I'm not the quickest of builders. I'm going to take a delve into my pile of old plans from mags. I seem to remember seeing an mb339 , sabre and p51 for
PSS. Need to take a look to see if I still have them and now started looking at the various build blogs for the a4 and jp.

Awesome pics guys! I'm confused by one thing though, in all the pics except the Vampire, I can 't see any servos or pushrods on any of the flying surfaces. The hawks, JP, Hurricane, Tornadoes. Have they been edited out or are they built internally?

Great pics and videos guys, Looks like you had an excellent weekend, envy is setting in here in calm and wet NSW. I love the hurricane. sign me up for a mass build on that one! can it be the next build? I can see me doing the prototype for pss,or maybe the G-AMUA colours? I've always wanted to do one for powered scale but my flying skills are not yet up there. keep having fun. Graham

Graham

The Hurricane is scheduled to be the 2018 mass build thumbs up Now I know it works I've been busy re-drawing the plan to simplify the build a bit and have started a second fuselage to incorporate these changes. I still need to make things like the canopy plug and for Traplet to CAD the plan and make the wood pack but we're on the right track.

It's a very benign flyer, with generous washout and a well proven wing section it has a really solid feel in the air so, spend the next couple of years getting some stick time!!!

ACCOMMODATION FOR OUR NEXT EVENT AT THE BWLCH - SOUTH WALES - 21st/22nd MAY

Just been reminded about a very useful file which Steve Houghton compiled and we used on the PSSA website last year when we held our first event at the Bwlch - it lists a number of local accommodation details - if you are looking to stay over that weekend take a butchers at this list!!

**LINK**

With Thanks again to Steve Houghton for its original compilation and issue! thumbs up

Edited By Phil Cooke on 03/05/2016 23:24:28

I am looking at booking accomodation for the Bwlch weekend. Where are you staying Phil - always a discerning chooser methinks. Was looking at list and can see that it seems to vary a lot. Surely the F3F boys must stay somewhere. Would be good if we stayed at the same place.

Was looking at the Premier Inn Bridgend? It is however 25 minutes away?