PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

Hi Chris,

Looks SW all day today so I would head for CIM FARM or Doris's (the better slope but you have a 15 minute walk) - Mark K knows where he's going if you are staying at the same site. Tonight we've agreed to meet Dave Gilder up at the Ship Inn Llanbedrog. Should be there ~8:30pm - I'm leaving shortly and aiming to be in my B&B for 5, then if the weather is suited (looks like it will be) Ill head up to CIM FARM for a quick chuck off before our meal.

Hope to bump into you later on!

Big thanks to everyone who travelled to the Lleyn Peninsula this weekend to take part in the PSSAs 4th Fly-In of our 30th Anniversary season. Saturday we enjoyed 15-20mph Westerly winds and sunshine throughout the day and we flew until gone 6pm at Anne's place, surely one of the most picturesque slopes in the UK. Congrats to those who won prizes in the 'Best Flown Prop', 'Best Flown Jet' and 'Model of the Day' categories. A fantastic days flying was had by all - topped off with a Timbo 65th birthday celebratory pint and a burger at The Sun Inn.

Sadly, as forecast Sunday was dominated by a high pressure system resulting in us having to rely once more on electric assist gliders and DLG models to keep us occupied in the light NW winds. Regardless a good days flying, banter and fresh air in beautiful surroundings ensured we all went home content with the lengthy PSS flying session we enjoyed on Saturday.

Only 4 weeks left until we meet again on the Orme, a meet to be dominated by the A-4 mass build!! See you there!!

Hi folks, and let me firstly add my thanks to Phils summary above..... we were truly blessed with a great days flying, and I was especially chuffed if not a little embarrased to have won my first ever PSSA prize for best flown piston powered model. The ex IC S/A Spitfire revelled in the smooth coastal lift and Im sure the recntly added surprise gizmo of a sound generator for engines and gyns had no influence on those who voted

Right, so time to sort a few things for our next meeet as mentioned above by Phil. Food and Drink.

See the new Thread Title for details HERE.

( It will appear in about 30- mins so please wait )

If this Thread gets permed, then perhaps a mod will delete this last para - Ta )

Excellent weekend, thanks to Phil and all the PSS guys! Really is a different experience having a laugh on a slope in the sun! I particulary liked the Vulcan missions. At one point I think there were 5 or 6 in the air exclusively. That would have had the Argies worried! Also managed to pull off my best Vulcan landing to date with the tail and elevons dragging over the grass as she came in nose high. Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, a few photos to share from me and hopefully a bit of video later.

Peter Garsdens A4 Skyhawk..

Andy Meads Vulcan, launched by Bob Jennings

This is PSS! A JP launched out to sea......Better be sure it's turned on! surprise

Andy Meads big Vulcan complete with Blue Steel missile!

And my favourite photo of the lot....

Closely followed by......

More photos here. laugh

Hi folks, and let me firstly add my thanks to Phils summary above..... we were truly blessed with a great days flying, and I was especially chuffed if not a little embarrased to have won my first ever PSSA prize for best flown piston powered model. The ex IC S/A Spitfire revelled in the smooth coastal lift and Im sure the recntly added surprise gizmo of a sound generator for engines and gyns had no influence on those who voted

Great Pictures Chris

Right, so time to sort a few things for our next meeet as mentioned above by Phil. Food and Drink.

See the new Title below.....

( It will appear in about 30- mins so please wait )

Edited By Tim Mackey on 15/08/2016 18:38:43

September meeting 2016 - food and drink.

We've had a few snags over the years with the after event catering arrangements, not least places being rammed with no space for all of us to eat together. I've found a decent prospect having eaten there last night, and had a chat with Phil, so here's our proposal.

"The Mulberry" at Conwy Marina. ( interesting history to its name incidentally laugh )

Approx 15 - 20 minutes from the Orme, plenty of parking - with overspill park too, large room upstairs in the "Loft" lovely views over the Marina, and they will seat us all together. Reasonable prices, and rather good choice and quality.

HOWEVER - I need to put a £30 deposit down, and therefore need a committment from those who will attend.

Furthermore, parties of 8+ ( Ive told 'em we will probably number 12 -15 covers ) will have to submit their food choice upfront in order that the establishment can ensure their stocks.

I'll take food orders off you later this /next week.

Here's the place, and menu is shown in a PDF.

Please decide if you will be participating, and POST HERE to confirm ASAP.

Timbo.

Can I just add that I was not at all embarassed to have won a prize. I was delighted. I was also very pleased not to have had my Waffle stolen this time by he who is now entitled to a pension.

Great photos Chris, no doubt will see some bazzers from Cookie.

Very much enjoyed seeing you all again (well when I was awake anyway). Great crack.

Am now doing some repairs to the fuel probe and some annoying touch up painting.

Looking forward to seeing you all again in September.

I didn't have to attend A&E for treatment for the Spitfire bullets in the end. I just used vinegar and brown paper. If it's good for Humpty Dumpty it's good for me.

As non of the S Wales posse were able to attend last weekends event, some of us are going to get together at the Bwlch for a PSS flying session this Sunday. And with a westerly forecast which is likely to be in excess of 30 mph on Mickeys, a cracking day is anticipated.

Personally I can't get there until about midday, but Phil May is likely to be there around 10 ish as he's dying to maiden his Vulcan and F4 Phantom. Mike Grey and myself want to get in some bombing runs also.

So if anyone fancies joining us for a session, you will be most welcome. Unfortunately we won't have a key to the gate but the 20 minute walk to one of the best slopes in Wales is well worth the effort.

Steve

A470soaring.blogspot.co.uk