PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

That's a great video John! Really captured the days events well! A big thanks to your dad for capturing the raw footage - and kudos to you for editing it all together with such finesse! I do love the jet noise addition!! As for the soundtrack - I've got 12" of Loggins here that says its probably going to be ok!

loggins.jpg

Pete, your initial "launch" was captured on film and I would have included it but we missed the bit where you caught the model after it bounced off the slope and blew back into your arms. Here is a still from the video showing your sheepish grin as you realise there is no damage to the model laugh

pete.jpg

So impressed am I with your video John that i have added it to the LMMGA news item which also now has Day 2 added to it. Let me know if you have an Intellectual Property argument with You Tube and I will open a file.

**LINK**

And superb pictures as always Phil. I particularly like the way you captured subtly, from a side angle, my bald patch. I am thinking of having it tattooed.

Yep not touched the original, it just seems to be blocked in US, and Germany. Anyone who is on RCgroups can put the link to the new one on there - think it was Mr. Kettle who linked the original. Hopefully no issues with this one - otherwise I will have to dig out the synthesizer, MIDI equipment and guitars and whistle up my own tune blush

Edited By John A H on 18/09/2016 16:27:13

Just an observation on what seemed to be an excellent event with the biggest turnout I have seen:

I was working all weekend but managed to get cover for an hour or so in order for me to bring the kids from school up. On our way back home we were just below the main flying site when we confronted by a car going the WRONG way round the Orme! The chap was clearly a glider flyer as apart from the odd model or two he said he was trying to find the Tank Track. I pointed out that it was a one way and should turned round (plenty of room where we stopped) but he continued his way up no doubt trying to avoid the toll!! This has happened a few times to us over the last year or so and is a relatively recent occurrence, previous culprits were a suspected fly tipper and a convoy of 3 cars with caravans in tow! Maybe highlight the fact that it is one way for the next event?

Hi John. Let me start by saying, cracking video young man thumbs up

I've had my own videos banned from YouTube due to using copyright music. You can get around this problem by using free music available on line from sites such as Bensound.com and Incompetech.com. Ok, you're not going to get the popular tunes recognised by everyone but, it allows you to add background music to your video masterpiece.

The other way of getting around the problem is by uploading your video to Vimeo. Vimeo is free up to a certain file size, after that you pay an annual fee for unlimited file size.

Here is my latest video filmed yesterday of the maiden flight of my Aermacchi MB339 at the Bwlch which uses music from Bensound.com .

Edited By Steve Houghton 1 on 18/09/2016 17:43:05

Posted by Phil Cooke on 18/09/2016 18:14:56:

Thanks for the heads up on the road infringement CS, what time of day was that? Were his models PSS models you could see? I can certainly ensure the message is delivered prior to our next event, but I cant confirm if this chap was really affiliated with us or not?

Not sure sorry Phil, I think there might have some PSS in there and also some foamies, it must have been just before 13.00 as that was my curfew! Not sure whether it was a genuine mistake or not, instinct was telling me he knew what he was doing. All it takes is for someone going the wrong way meeting a car going the correct way thinking they are in RallyGB (see that a lot!) or a road biking tearing up the tarmac - could have been nasty.

Well done with the event by the way, excellent local press coverage also!!

Yes we had quite a lot of press interest both prior and during the event - The Daily Post in particular, but also BBC Radio Cymru who phoned me asking for a short radio interview - in Welsh! Sadly, despite a few of our PSSA members being local I'm not aware of any of them speaking fluent Welsh so I had to give that idea up!

The local Police also came to see us on the Sunday and we ended up on their Facebook news page too!