PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

Only one of the restaurants have got back to me and have said that they can accomodate us, but as its a Saturday night they can either do a "set meal" or we can order off the menu but there may be a delay in getting everything out. I initially said we are likely to be 15 - 20 in numbers.

Ive asked for a copy of the set meal, and it appears they are suggesting 5 x one type of main dish, 5 x another, 5 x another and 5 x another IYSWIM together with 20 sides, and 10 rice in two styles IE: Pilau, Plain etc.

Im not sure how this would work in practice, if for instance one of the selected 5 x dishes was say....Korma, yet 6 people wanted Korma and so on.

May be best to simply say we are all going to just order off the main menu when we arrive and have a bit of delay ?

ATM only 9 people have confirmed they are eating with us anyway.

Thoughts please.

Tim, thanks for investing the time on this. I guess it depends how flexible people are, to keep it easy and prevent people not having what they want I personally think we should order what we want and suck it up that there will be a wait. Given it's October we won't be flying late anyway so will have more time in the evening for beers and curry.

Edited By Matt Jones on 19/09/2016 15:22:09

I agree too Tim, in my experience the set meals are always a bit of a let down if you are a curry lover like me and have a particular dish in mind. Lets just rock up, ensure everyones got a drink in hand and order individually on the night on the understanding there might be a wait - gives us a good chance to chat and catch up at the end of a busy days flying.

I really don't mind the wait - any decent sized group should always expect that with freshly cooked food. You've done the hard work already in agreeing a location, time and confirming numbers. Many thanks again for that!

Look I know this is going to sound unappreciative because Tim has put in a lot of effort, but to be honest I thought the food at the Premier Inn is better than the Conway pub. We can guarantee there will be enough tables, and they do serve as many waffles as you like. So I would vote the Premier Inn, not only because I have already booked in to stay either. but because I think it is less hassle than trying to organise enough tables somewhere we haven't been before.

Full marks to Tim for putting in the effort though.

Also I am bit bored of waffle now, so suggest we try a steak main course next time.

Day Tent at Next Meeting :-

Helen's taking and setting up a day tent so the ladies don't have to sit in the wind all day.

Features:- Table to sit around, fresh water, milk, gas stove and kettle. Size is 14 foot in diameter and 8 foot high.

So just bring a chair, mug and tea bag to enjoy, similar to this **LINK** .

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 20/09/2016 18:03:23

Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 20/09/2016 18:02:24:

Helen's taking and setting up a day tent so the ladies don't have to sit in the wind all day.

Features:- Table to sit around, fresh water, milk, gas stove and kettle. Size is 14 foot in diameter and 8 foot high.

So just bring a chair, mug and tea bag to enjoy, similar to this **LINK** .

Brill well done Helen

Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 20/09/2016 18:02:24:

So just bring a chair, mug and tea bag to enjoy, similar to this **LINK** .

I'm sure Michelle will enjoy this facility along with the company and banter of the other ladies. Thanks Mark thumbs up

I'm still more inclined for the curry away from the hotel if Im being honest - I think the hotel meal has its advantages in the meetings mid year when we fly until later in the evening and we are looking for an easy fix food and drink wise - but at this time of year we are all tucked up back at the hotel for 7:30pm as its dark!

Happy to go with the majority of course, but if we are voting, Im for the curry!