PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Thanks for posting the video Chris, great to see some of the A-4's in action and working so well in the abundant lift!

I'm so glad you captured Harry Twist flying his model! I was taking photos at the time and enjoying watching the flying - I think my over-riding memory of the Mass Build event will be the huge grin on Harry's face just a couple of minutes into his maiden flight... clearly over the moon with his brand new creation!

For me that summed up the journey through build and finish to the slope perfectly! That hard to describe, special feeling of flying a model which you have toiled over for months, crafted out and finished from scratch suddenly going from the bench to the air!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 13/09/2016 08:05:58

Advert

Great video Chris, and great to see all those A4's. Shame we could'nt make it, but work conspired against me. Also, my canopy still has not arrived.

Already re-booked B & B in Llandudno, so we will get there next time for certain.

And my A4 will be finished by then too.

smiley

edit1000img_2988.jpg

A big 'congratulations!' to the 3 prize winners at the 2016 PSSA A-4 Mass Build - a huge array of really well built and finished models were on show but the pictured trio were judged to lead in the following 3 fields;

Best PSSA Newcomer - Phil Sellwood - Draken International A-4 (left)

Most Innovative A-4 Build - Chris Barlow - The Last Built A-4M '2960' (right)

Best Finished A-4 - Ian Hammerton - Argentinian AF A-4 (centre)

Once again, a huge thanks to all who took part - we had 23 Skyhawks on show on the Sunday - a significant improvement over our first mass build with the JP in 2014!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 13/09/2016 19:02:40

What a great turnout and only two had the same colour scheme, that is something special!!

I'm sorry that I could not make it down this time due to old man problems, it comes to us all in time.sad

Sunday's weather looked great did all the Sky Hawks fly, was there a max number in the air at the same time?

Thanks for the video at least I feel as though I was there in spirit

A well there is still one more event for the year hope to get down for that one.

Andy C

Hi Andy, sorry to hear you were not well - you were missed on the slope!

I think 19 of the 23 Skyhawks on site were flown, there were a couple not flight ready but still finished enough to take part in the static line up!

The skies were busy at times, but we self regulated that quite well - I think at one point there were 5 in the air simultaneously, but no more I think...

Still fantastic to see so many maiden flights in quick succession and they all got away well! thumbs up

Smiling.... I still cant get the grin off my face!

Fantastic to see all the different A4 types and colour schemes in one place. Perhaps my favourite view was walking up and down the A4 flightline looking at the tail colour schemes and the lumps and bumps added to the many variants. Followed by seeing them in the air was absolutely brilliant.

Lots of other brilliant models flew and there was also great discussion, banter, ideas exchange and support - which I think is a great aspect of the weekend.

In the stunning photos above, Andy's A10 looks like a hungry shark prowling the slope!

Thanks everyone for making it an enjoyable and memorable weekend.

Roll on the next one..

Superb photos, so sharp and exact.

None of my model but one of me modelling? Did I mention my Skyhawk being at the event at all. If not, then I just thought it worth a little mention after the event now......

All that cash I left in the glove compartments of Messrs Jones and Cooke, was obviously wasted, or was it used to buy a better and longer lens?

Still I am over losing now, Happens to the worst of us..........

Last pssa meet of the year is fast approaching and the group meal idea seemed to work quite well. Sat 8th October. This time we are thinking an Indian restaurant - theres a couple in Llandudno that should be ok for space in October so can I have an idea of attendance please. No need for pre-order of dishes but I need likely numbrs. Ta.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 15/09/2016 13:02:46