PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Well, What can I say...

Its been a great day today, with a Fantastic turnout and a plethora of models.

There have been Maidens.... Crunchies....... Some near misses and some combat.

Not to mention meeting up with friends, old and new!

The wind started light but built nicely throughout the day culminating with some good smooth lift towards sunset!

camera were clicking left, right and centre so there are bound to be some wonderful images for you all to see in due course.

We are all about to head out for the obligatory Curry and Beers (and maybe not in that order!), before a good nights sleep for day 2 tomorrow.

Thanks to those of you who could only make it today. Your attendance makes these events really worth it.

To those of you only coming on Sunday...... See you soon!!!

Dave

Yes it's that time of year again. The AGM and famous Soaring Market comes to the Parklands Leisure Centre, Wigston Road, Oadby, Leicester LE2 5QG on Sunday 2nd December with doors opening at 9am. Entry will be the same cost as last year, £2 for members and £5 for non members. New members joining BARCS on the day will get the difference refunded against their membership fee £10.

ACE MODELS will be displaying models from the Nan range of competition and sport mouldies along with other items. www.acemodel.co.uk
FLYWIZE MODELS join us for the first time. Dave Maskell has assembled a fine range of products from Graupner, Royal, Pichler and New Power. www.flywizemodels.com
INWOOD MODELS are with us once again and we expect them to bring their usual huge stock of kits, radios, batteries, servos and other essential modelling bits and pieces. www.inwoodmodels.co.uk
PICHLER- MODELLBAU will be represented by UK agent Gordon Upton. www.pichler-modellbau.de
SLOPERACER return after last year’s success, with some exciting slope models, including their new range and accessories from FuFix. www.sloperacer.co.uk
SLOPESIDE are back again. Probably best known for Speedo gliders, they also have receivers, batteries, motors and lots of other items available. www.slopeside.co.uk
THE FLYING WIDGET is primarily an on-line and ebay store but owner Charlie Warren also likes to get out and about to bring his huge range of, well widgets, from servos to onboard battery checkers, leads to lipo bags to the public. www.flyingwidgetsupplies.com

All our traders invite you to visit their online stores and if you see something you really want, contact them and they’ll try and bring it along.

We are waiting to hear from many more of the country’s top suppliers and hope to bring you updates of new attendees in due course. Look out for more news on www.barcs.co.uk

Don’t forget the bring and buy stand. No commission is taken, just bring along your unwanted soaring related items, marked with price and description.

Tired and sunburnt, with both emotions of joy and sadness.

Joy thanks to the great turnout of modellers / models including travellers from Scotland ( Hi Steve ) and John Pearson from N Ireland. Usual suspects Matt, Simon and Sue, Phil, and Dave, etc etc.... so good to meet up and fly and chat.

Nice that Zaidy enjoyed his F18 - its restored his lagging enthusiasm no end and Countdown REALLY enjoyed his bearcat, and flew it very well too - well done Rich.

Sadness cos its the last PSSA of the year

Somehow, I just didnt quite get in the groove this session, due to number of things, but looking forward to the next years season and hope to have some great new models, and a more settled life to help things along.

Cheers guys, look forward to the pics / vids. T

A few (mediocre) shots here **LINK**

I'd also like to add my thanks to Phil for organising another year's events and those that travelled long distances to make it the great social that it is. Unfortunately the wind let us down today but we had a great day yesterday and only stopped as the sun was half set surprise

Now we must look forward, forward to 2013 and lots of new models now that there's 6 months until the next meet, plenty of building time.....

Well I have been having a look at some of the video footage I got from my onboard camera...

Some good bits, some not so good, but one bit that really caught my eye was a pass from Simon Cockers B52.. I think this was quite close!!

b52.jpg

Once I have had chance to sort it all out, I will make a short video and post on here!

Dave

Nice one chaps, great to hear we've all had a good weekend of it, despite the lack of lift and no PSS flying today!! frown Yesterday was a belter though, particularly in the afternoon when everything came just right with ample lift and gorgeous skies from 2pm until sunset. Such a shame it went dark when it did, as we were all still flying well. The social in the evening was also a great way to end our season, a good group of us out and some from far afield, thanks again to John Pearson for making the effort and travelling on the ferry from Ireland to join us with all his cool models.

Look forward to seeing your video Dave - looks like you were lucky not to get wiped out by Simons BUFF in that shot!! Matt - some lovely shots there in your album too - love the sunset Canberra shots!!! I will trawl through all the photos I took and combine the pick of those with Matt's and Sue's catch to create an album for use here and on the PSSA site.

As already mentioned, its time now to focus on those 'big' PSS builds that we all know are half baked in our homes and garages right now, 2013 will be a special season for sure if all of these new models are finsihed, tested and brought together on the slope for a 'Mammoth PSS' photo call!!! I look forward to that day eagerly!!!

Oh, and for those in on the laugh early today..............

......................................................................................

"RICHARD'S PIPIT!!!!" nerd

Ok, just one edited shot from me to whet the appetite before I retire for the night...moon

We were treated to a number of new PSS models at this weekends event - This is John Pearson's magnificent Boeing 787 'Dreamliner' - caught here in a realistic pose, sunlit against a moody Welsh sky. Great stuff!!

editimg_5464.jpg

Edited By Phil Cooke on 14/10/2012 22:32:48

Nice vids Dave - great stuff.

I've completed this evening a gallery of images taken last weekend capturing the highlights, I need to credit PSSA members Sue Lee and Matt Jones for a number of these photos, the gallery will form part of the write up once done, but its online now to view HERE

Edited By Phil Cooke on 21/10/2012 00:18:05