PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

• 1 month later...

Finally managed to complete the official PSSA website write up from the mid-October Fly for Fun PSS event on the Orme. It includes a link to the full photo Gallery page and a number of videos are embedded created by visiting flyer John Jackson - thanks John!! The full review can be seen HERE. cool

Just enough time to say a big thanks to all that travelled and took part in our PSSA Events this year, both on the Orme and on the Lleyn Peninsula - and to wish you all a very Happy Christmas with best wishes for a successful 2013!

• 2 months later...

The PSSA have now confirmed 4 weekend Fly-In events for the 2013 season. These are all 'Fly for Fun' events, non PSSA members and spectators are welcomed. As always, more information is on the PSSA website EVENTS page and LATEST INFO page.

Please confirm event is running with listed organisor before travelling if there is any doubt with the forecast.

20th / 21st April 2013 - PSSA Fly-In

The Great Orme, Llandudno, North Wales

Meet at the 'Tank Track' car park 10:00am each day.

Open to non-PSSA members - Proof of Insurance required.

For more information contact - Simon Cocker on 07875 386063.

1st / 2nd June 2013 - PSSA Fly-In

For more information contact - Simon Cocker on 07875 386063.

10th / 11th August 2013 - PSSA Fly-In

Lleyn MAC – Abersoch area, North Wales

10:00am meet each day at the 'Londis' car park in Llanbedrog.

Late arrivals see map for slope (taped to phone box).

For more information contact - Phil Cooke on 07772 224719.

12th / 13th October 2013 - PSSA Fly-In

For more information contact - Phil Cooke on 07772 224719.

Edited By Phil Cooke on 16/03/2013 14:04:56

• 1 month later...

Quick 'bump' to remind everyone this weekend sees the first PSSA Fly for Fun event held up on the Great Orme in Llandudno and the forecast looks most promising with South West winds and clear skies on the Saturday at least!!

For more information contact -

Simon Cocker on 07875 386063.

VERY quick post just before I go out again - only just home after an an absolutely cracking day on the big rock

Conditions were as good as ANY we have ever had for a meet. Great turnout, very little attrition, everyone and everything flew - over 50 models in all, 25 or so flyers, and gorgeous skies and a great 20 - 35mph lift.

Just off to the curry house now, but a few piccies posted from me already.

( H-King Hawk flew and looked superb, after we adjusted the very nose heavy first hairy flight LOL)

Proper pictures will be up from Sue /Simon later, with some in a future magazine piece too.

These are just a few from my little point and shoot smiley

A packed car park by midday

cars.jpg

A few of the flyers enjoying the view

peeps.jpg

Just a small example of the 45+ models I counted during the day.

mods.jpg

Glorious conditions.....

sky.jpg

Martin Middleton enjoying some sky

mm.jpg

• 3 months later...

The PSSA website has been updated this weekend to include a write up by Dave Gilder on the last PSS Fly-In held on the Gt Orme back in June - this can now be viewed HERE. cool

Dont forget our NEXT event is actually running this coming weekend, 10th and 11th August, on the Lleyn Peninsula. More details can be found HERE if you would like to join us - open to non PSSA Members, proof of BMFA insurance required.

Edited By Phil Cooke on 05/08/2013 00:10:01

• 2 weeks later...

A great weekends PSS flying was enjoyed by all those who travelled to the Lleyn peninsula 11th/12th August, flying from 11am to 7pm each day, great lift, a huge selection of models with a number of new models on show - a full report and photos and video to be added to the PSSA site shortly - for now, heres a photo from the Sunday to whet the appetite and a link HERE to a selection of the photos edited so far!

pjceditimg_2335.jpg

Roll on October 12th/13th when we do it again up on the Great Orme, Llandudno!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES!! I got a pass out and will be there from Friday morning... guess we'll all meet up at the registration point on Friday before heading off to the chosen slope??

Ive got the family in tow, and will only have 1 model with me (PSS) but Ill be able to go fly for a couple of hours each day, we are staying in Llanbedrog Thurs - Sun.

See you there!!

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

PSSA EVENT THIS WEEKEND ON THE GT ORME

Quick update on the PSSA Fly-In to be staged this weekend on the Gt Orme...

2 day PSSA ‘Fly-for-Fun’ – Great Orme, Llandudno – 12th/13th October

The forecast is for good strength winds from the North East, which will see us fly from the impressive slopes overlooking the pier. Therefore, we WILL NOT be using the usual ‘Tank Track’ car park. For anyone wishing to join us this weekend unsure about where to be, the link below details the 2 designated parking areas for this slope.

LINK FOR PARKING

Despite the change of slope, the weekends weather looks promising for a good event – one which will bring our planned 2013 events calendar to a close.

Any questions, please drop me a line, details below.

Hope to see you in Llandudno,

Phil Cooke

[email protected]

07772 224719

Edited By Phil Cooke on 09/10/2013 08:51:44

• 2 weeks later...

So, we've reached the end of the planned PSS event season. I was just reviewing some of the many photos we have taken with the PSSA this year as part of an exercise to summarise the years flying for the website. I thought it might be nice to show these 4 shots together, showing the group participant photos taken at this years events in April, June, August and October.

Well done to anyone who appears in all the photos!! thumbs up

1242.jpg

1257.jpg

1265.jpg

1282.jpg

I think we have had a pretty good year on the slopes in 2013, all of our planned events ran with at least one days flying, although the Lleyn event in August stands out as the 'weekend of the year' for me - with 2 full days of flying in perfect conditions throughout.

My thanks go to all who took part and helped make our events a success - we look forward to flying with you again in 2014!!

Keep your eyes peeled here and on the PSSA website for confirmation of the dates early in the new year!

All the best

Phil Cooke - PSSA

Edited By Phil Cooke on 02/11/2013 16:13:45

• 2 months later...

The first dates have now been set for the 2014 PSSA Events Calendar with a series of 4 weekend 'Fly For Fun' events running between April and October...

12th / 13th April  - 2 Day Fly in at Gt Orme, Llandudno

31st May / 1st June - 2 Day Fly in at Gt Orme, Llandudno

9th / 10th August – 2 Day Fly in at Lleyn Peninsula – nr Abersoch

11th / 12th October  - 2 Day Fly in at Gt Orme, Llandudno

More details can be found on the PSSA Website HERE

The second event running on the Great Orme in Llandudno (31st May / 1st June 2014) will stage the Jet Provost PSSA Mass Build event on the Sunday (1st June)

mass build logo.jpg

Edited By Phil Cooke on 10/01/2014 23:11:40

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few pics from the weekend!!

blue hawk.jpg

hawk launch.jpg

low level hawk.jpg

mass launch.jpg

petrified pilot.jpg

phil provost.jpg

phils dad provost.jpg

provost pits.jpg

rez provost.jpg

sabre flypast.jpg

Saturdays Jet Provosts:

sat provosts.jpg

Sundays Massed Jet Provosts!!

sun provost.jpg

Well done everyone.

Please add your pics here to share! (Especially if anyone has some good pics of my MB339!!!! haa haa!)

Dave

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 04/06/2014 13:03:47