Advert

I reckon on reflection that when we first discovered aeromodelling as young wippersnappers we should have spent the "middle ages" modelling like mad instead of "joining the rat race".just to prepare us better for the old age we have now encountered.I for one could say that with a variety of self employment doing all sorts of things I enjoyed ,I suppose I did it as well as I could & hardly regret anything . Just trying to convince myself that life is (was) worth living

I can't WAIT to be old! I will have all day free, I will be able to eat, drink and smoke what I like, you can get away with saying the outrageous things you cfan't do as a young'un and leer conspicuously over all the 18 year old girls and be thought of as a cuddly old geezer instead of a potential criminal. Fantastic!

LHF - Aged 33 years and 11 months.

Seriously, BEB, are you falling asleep or passing out? If you have been out in the cold, your cardiovascular system will have pulled the majority pof our blood away from the extremities and towards your body's core. When you get inside and immediately have a cuppa or bite to eat you are not giving your system time to send the blood back to the extremeties before it has to divert even more blood to the gastro system to assist in the digestive process. Thus, an already slightly lowered blood pressure is lowered even further with the result that there is not enough blood going to the brain quickly enough and so you faint. This is actually quite common in the, ahem, wiser and more mature section of society.

Hi Guys

Just stumbled across this thread....and keep hearing OLD

But how old is old? I only started flying 18 months ago after retirement I have just had my 67th Birthday

Am I old, yes I guess I am, if you are 40 I'm positively ancient, if your 80 I'm still in my prime it's all relative.

We have a member who is 79/80 not only does he fly most days but in mows the 'Strip' he has a younger outlook than most......and is happier than most.

JC

I bought a brand new motorcycle in 1974, a 750cc Laverda GT. I rode it to Shropshire to show my parents. The next day being a Sunday I had to ride it back to London where I was working at the time.

I ran over a cat in St Albans.

I managed to keep control of the bike though so no harm done....

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 31/01/2011 15:51:10:
Havn't had a single proper nights sleep for over a month now -just grabbing an hour or two whenever .Trying to substitute strong nasty pain killers for beer .So far so good -Stick to what you know I say ! The idyllic 300 year old house I'm now in is fantastic if you like a minus 3 degree draught blowing through it cos the doors don't fit & the open fire produces more smoke than a crematorium flat out . Good news for Timbo is that one of the cats got run over and is dead but Chrissy is not happy .Have met the sheep dog that runs away from sheep and me .Only bit me once . Getting back on track, It all started at age 60 almost exactly . I'm told it's normal .At least it seems I'm not alone
Very grumpy frozen Myron

Just catching up with things Myron - sorry to hear about your hospitalisation over Xmas - but good news on the house move front !
I may not like cats, but would never be cruel to one, and not happy at all to hear that one has been run over.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 31/01/2011 19:53:19

Timbo
Thanks. Trouble is ,it was the cuddly house cat of Chrissy's . Would you like the other that is left (dead or alive/) ?It's a Tom & sprays where ever it wants . Thank God I've no sense of smell ! Sincerely hope all is well with you and family after your notable absence . I have actually been congratulated on my grumpiness since coming back as you probably know .Anyway ,things seem to be getting back to normal until I dislocate my hip leaning on my old computer table writing this .
Myron

• 1 month later...