This weekend I've been flying both days. Its been very cold and I have been on the field each time for 4-5 hours. When I get home I make a coffee, sit down in my favourite armchair - and promptly fall asleep for an hour!

I don't normal sleep in chairs - honest! But this cold weather seems to have a zapping effect on me! I've noticed it before, but this year it seems worse than ever!

Anyone else get this effect? Or I'm I just getting older?

BEB

Advert

Posted by r6dan on 30/01/2011 23:11:26:
Ha Ha!! you lot are a bunch of old men

Enjoy it while you can, Dan () - there we were, all just lads.........and then, all of a sudden it seemed, the arms weren't long enough to see with, the back started aching, the facial creases took longer to iron out in the morning and the knees started to feel stiff and painful (squatting on your haunches was no longer done without asking yourself, "Do I really need to?").........and the occasional nap became irresistible............

It's your inheritance, mate...............

Pete

No, no danger of falling asleep while actually flying - yet!

The funny thing is when I come home, even right up to when I sit down, I don't feel particularly tired. Then the warmth seems to hit me and wham - I'm grabbing Z's. The kids are starting to accept it as the "norm" - Dad goes flying in winter, Dad comes in, Dad falls asleep!

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 30/01/2011 22:09:12:
This weekend I've been flying both days. Its been very cold and I have been on the field each time for 4-5 hours. When I get home I make a coffee, sit down in my favourite armchair - and promptly fall asleep for an hour!

I don't normal sleep in chairs - honest! But this cold weather seems to have a zapping effect on me! I've noticed it before, but this year it seems worse than ever!

BEB

....older

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 30/01/2011 22:09:12:

BEB

No mate you most certainly are not alone. Not flying yesterday but bird house building in the back garden (I know it's a bit late but I needed motivation). Exactly the same as you, cup of coffee and zonked for 3 hours, and we had company! I am now in trouble with 'er indoors. cheers mate

Geoff.

Havn't had a single proper nights sleep for over a month now -just grabbing an hour or two whenever .Trying to substitute strong nasty pain killers for beer .So far so good -Stick to what you know I say ! The idyllic 300 year old house I'm now in is fantastic if you like a minus 3 degree draught blowing through it cos the doors don't fit & the open fire produces more smoke than a crematorium flat out . Good news for Timbo is that one of the cats got run over and is dead but Chrissy is not happy .Have met the sheep dog that runs away from sheep and me .Only bit me once . Getting back on track, It all started at age 60 almost exactly . I'm told it's normal .At least it seems I'm not alone
Very grumpy frozen Myron

Ah yes. I had 2 hours out at the field n it was baltik. Come home and hit the hay for a few. I chalk it up to the cold air being heavier and there fore giving us more of the good fresh stuff. So... When we come home into the heat our bodies have been tricked into a full days work. . Has nuthing to do with me getting older.

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 31/01/2011 15:51:10:

Havn't had a single proper nights sleep for over a month now -..........

The idyllic 300 year old house I'm now in is fantastic if you like a minus 3 degree draught blowing through it cos the doors don't fit & the open fire produces more smoke than a crematorium flat out .........

one of the cats got run over and is dead ..........

dog that runs away from sheep and me .Only bit me once........

Very grumpy frozen Myron

Now that's the Myron we've grown to know and love, good to hear that you're back on form Myron!

BEB