RCM&E TV

David Ashby - Moderator

Well my colleagues made the new RCM&E TV live today - it's a new feature for subscribers just so click on the top tab and then select a video.

Feedback and thoughts, as always, are welcome. Sorry there's a bit too much of me at the moment but I'll be doing my best to change that and will be getting out and about with Matt, our cameraman and the chap who makes the programmes for us, as the weather gets better.

If there are any subjects you'd like covered then do drop a post below. Thanks.

Advert

I think this must be getting a huge demand tonight, it's taken me nearly 15 minutes to watch a 3 minute video clip, Very slow to stream!

Also very jumpy with video and speech being out of phase.

Great addition to the site though, just a shame either my broadband is slooooooow tonight or the site is being watched to the max?

Oh also, unlike you tube where I can pause to download the whole clip then watch it, this doesn't seem to do that, it just pauses the streaming?

Hmmm, tried again today but it's the same for me, picture isn't video, it looks like a collection of stills but the sound plays as normal.
I guess it's either this computer or my broadband connection?

A shame they are all in High Def, that's probably the issue, I seem to have no issues with YouTube standard Def video?

Posted by James40 on 22/02/2011 10:14:49:
Hmmm, tried again today but it's the same for me, picture isn't video, it looks like a collection of stills but the sound plays as normal.
I guess it's either this computer or my broadband connection?

A shame they are all in High Def, that's probably the issue, I seem to have no issues with YouTube standard Def video?

Thats exactly how it is for me too James - I have reported this "issue" as I am sure we are not the only ones with a less than superfast Broadband connection, all thats required is an option to watch in lower quality, so we will see what the tech guys can come up with for us poor second class citizens

Sorry David, still no good, you're still doing the funky robot dance.

I don't actually think that's low res, it's just smaller.

Anyway, for comparison to Tim, I'm on 3.21Mb/s broadband speed according to the test I just carried out, about half what I'm actually paying for!

It could always be the forum software that's an issue, I mean this is my third attempt at posting a reply seeing as this forum constantly crashes Google Chrome Incredibly FRUSTRATING!!!

I had a sneaky peak in RCM&E control center and took some top secret pictures of the forum mainframe

I think I can see the problem !

• 2 months later...
I have just watched the videos on firewalls and engine mounts and I have to say, that they are a massive help!!
The only thing I would have said, is I was very interested in the video about prop balancing. I have heard so many different ways of doing it from snipping the ends, to sanding LE / TE, even sticking a bit of sticky tape around the light end. SO, when there was a video by the acclaimed Pete Lowe, I was looking forward to watching his way of doing it, and getting some tips.

Sorry to say, that unfortunately there wasn't that much useful content in that video, (sorry Pete). I watched a couple of props get put on a prop balancer, but that was it.

Any chance that you might show us very quickly you balancing that old black 70's prop that was way out?
Other then that, an excellent few videos, and I look forward to seeing more and more!!

Thank you.
Jeff

Edited By Jeffrey Croot on 23/04/2011 12:38:25

Posted by James40 on 22/02/2011 13:25:01:
Sorry David, still no good, you're still doing the funky robot dance.

I don't actually think that's low res, it's just smaller.

Anyway, for comparison to Tim, I'm on 3.21Mb/s broadband speed according to the test I just carried out, about half what I'm actually paying for!

It could always be the forum software that's an issue, I mean this is my third attempt at posting a reply seeing as this forum constantly crashes Google Chrome Incredibly FRUSTRATING!!!

I had a sneaky peak in RCM&E control center and took some top secret pictures of the forum mainframe

I think I can see the problem !

You think that's slow? The best I managed out of three tries was 0.57mb/s...

I personally preferred the youtube style video since you could just leave it to load.

• 4 years later...