IE9 issues? Can't post.....

I had the same problem with the Beta version of IE9 and reverted to IE8 - all ok. Then later updated to final version of IE9 reluctantly but it has worked perfectly.

I don't have the compatability icon on my top bar as in Tim's version just a magnifying glass, down arrow which gives other options and a list of recent site, a refresh symbol and close symbol. The toolbar is now a gear symbol on the right of the screen but has no compatabilty option.j

Have I not downloaded/run all options for IE9?

as I said it works ok as is.

John

Edited By John Tee on 31/10/2011 20:10:44

• 1 month later...
Advert

If things are bad now they are about to get worse: Microsoft has just announced a policy of "silent upgrades" for IE: that is, they will "upgrade" it on your PC without telling you!

I use both IE and Chrome; IE as it lets me use Microsoft Update and Chrome for just about everything else. MUCH quicker than IE (and FireFox); as quick as Opera.

• 2 weeks later...
WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just managed to delete IE9, and get back to 8, emails would not work, could not post on here, if Mr Ashby casts his mind back, he will remember i had this problem a few months ago, this time, i had to re-register, as i was not recognised in any way???? i thought i had been BANNED!! yet my registration, done just minutes ago, went through, and my old forum name of Alan 4 was still here? beats me, anyway, DO NOT use IE9, its a BADDUN!!

• 2 weeks later...

This IE9 issue has been a bit of a bane for a few months now but our people have just put a fix in place today that'll hopefully cure it. The forum posting box here sees some slight changes along with the smilies that you'll have seen in the messaging section. Thankfully the older (better) smilies have been retained also.