Machine gun, exhaust and cockpit details
Authentic World War I trim scheme
Includes 3S 1800mAh 15C Li-Po battery
Includes 2- to 3-cell DC variable rate Li-Po charger

Specs list for PKZ5580
Wingspan 37.1 in (943mm)
Overall Length 30.0 in (760mm)
Flying Weight 40.6 oz (1150g)
Motor Size 480-size 960kV brushless outrunner (installed)
Radio 4 channel minimum DSM2/DSMX full-range transmitter
Servos 4 servos (installed)
Trim Scheme Colors Olive drab green with red, white and blue
CG (center of gravity) 3 in (77mm) back from the leading edge of the top wing
Prop Size 10 x 8
Speed Control 30-Amp Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC (installed)
Recommended Battery 11.1V 1800mAh 3S LiPo Battery (included)
Charger DC powered variable rate 2-3 cell LiPo balance charger (included)

I want one!

Advert

You can probably tell from all my posts today that I'm looking forward to this model!!

I spoke to Horizon Hobby today and they should be in stock at the end of June.

For anyone who would like to see one in action HH tell me one should be flying at Baldock this weekend! Plus an E-Flite Hurricane! Huzzah!!!

I like biplanes and have an SE5a myself. The SE5a was arguabley the best aeroplane of WW1. It was fast & stable and the wings stayed on in a dive which was a real advantage over the hun aircraft. This HH model looks good and appeares to handle well.

The 10x8 prop on a relatively small & light aeroplane really seems to show in the videos though - looks like it's over powered which in itself needn't be a problem but the pilot needs to throttle back a bit because apart from the shape of the aeroplane the videos might as well have been of a any old sport aeroplane.

Fly 'em scale like Hugh & Tony and I'm sure you will enjoy them all the more.

Ian

Edited By Ian Jones on 29/05/2011 22:36:39

Posted by Tony Read: You have just got to love HH/PZ. Good looking aircraft that fly well, and every part available.

If the P47 is anything to go by, you mean "every part listed as available" but definitely NOT available, and HH-UK unable to say when they even might be available.

I'm sorry to hear that RW. I don't have the P47 so I was not aware that there is a spares problem. HH need to pull their fingers out and get it sorted.

Saw the SE5A in the flesh at Baldock. The finish is very good with little indication that it is foam. Whilst I was there the wind was too strong for it to fly.

The E-Flite Hurricane also looked very smart, but again did not fly.

Posted by Phil B on 27/05/2011 11:30:53:
any idea of price?

I've already checked this out. The Stinson and P-47 are the same price in USD as the SE5A so I'd expect the SE5A to be the same price as those here. That would be £110 to £120 from online stores.

Posted by Tony Read 2 on 31/05/2011 09:38:01:

Saw the SE5A in the flesh at Baldock. The finish is very good with little indication that it is foam. Whilst I was there the wind was too strong for it to fly.

They were saying that they were using a new moulding technique. Looks like it paid off.

The wings stayed on in a dive which was a real advantage over the hun aircraft.

Not if you have seen the 2008 film The Red Baron (which I did over the weekend). Those German planes pulled g that would put a modern jet fighter to shame! Very disappointed with the CGI and general inaccuracies.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Tony Read 2 on 31/05/2011 14:00:25:
The wings stayed on in a dive which was a real advantage over the hun aircraft.

Not if you have seen the 2008 film The Red Baron (which I did over the weekend). Those German planes pulled g that would put a modern jet fighter to shame! Very disappointed with the CGI and general inaccuracies.

I was all excited over that film and went to see it when it came out. Yep, I was very disappointed too. Reminded me of when they used to slow down filming to make the action go quicker when it was played back - obvious, unrealistic and not worth doing.

Enjoy your 'plane,

Ian

• 1 month later...
I agree with RW. I am a newbie and just bought the Parkzone Corsair RTF set. I had a small crash landing which damaged a servo on the wing and after calling over 30 modelshops and spending hours and hours on it i basically cannot find a single Parkzone 1081 servo for the wing. Other parts are also like gold dust it seems.

What is the point of having these planes for sale if there are no flippin parts available. I can't afford to buy another plane so basically that's me done with flying planes before it has even begun.

I also get tired of websites allowing you to add these servos and other parts to your shopping cart and paying for them and then spending a week waiting for them and them not turning up. I then have to call them to be told 'oh yeah we don't have them in stock' without them even letting me know! They just take my money and send nothing! Many modelshops I have experienced seem to be run by people that don't even know how to run a business properly. Sorry to rant but it really is pretty pathetic and puts people like me off a great hobby.

Edited By Jonathan Vickery on 29/07/2011 13:56:12

Hi Jonathan, I can see why you would be frustrated. It to annoys me when I go to pay for the shopping cart on a web site only to find the item out of stock. Why did they not tell me before?

To be fair I have never had to replace a PZ servo, but any 9g servo should really suffice. The only thing is that the PZ jobs often have longer leads so you might have to fit an extension.

I used to buy my stuff from SL until they closed always had excellent service.

HH appear to have had delivery/QA issues with some products (the Hurricane for one) so I hope this is not a sign of things to come.