ebay, gotta larf

Alan Cantwell

Advert

NO, neither would i, why do they bother? must be these no fee weekends, ebay is getting full of dross, i think it may be a case of folk wont pay the high fees, so they do these freebys, to entice folk to advertise, just to get something on there, i havnt seen anything decent for an age, i look for scale airframes,

There was one i was watching the other week. A 91fs, listed for £93 and £9 postage. I knew it was to steep so added it to my watchlist to see if he relisted it with a lower price. Low and behold he relisted it at £91.99 and £8.95 postage. Made me chuckle, £1.06 cheaper than before.

Hi,

I sent him an email and have just got a reply, this is what he said

Dear tinyteddy2011,

Sorry, a mistake in the discription.
Postage is only 8,60 GBP
Greatings
Rolf

- bingo_rc

That solves that one. LOL

Happy flying

Tom

Getting a bit fed up with ebay not doing anything about sellers putting listings in the wrong catagory, just been looking for a new bigger computer desk to replace this one and storage cupboard, found the catagory full of childs toys and all sorts of other junk.
Even if you bother to complain ebay does nothing about it because its usually the untouchable power sellers doing it and they are the ones ebay makes most money out of with every sale.

• 4 weeks later...
I have just had my second neutral feedback in 6 years and over 400 transactions.
Buyer commented 'no good,discription' (sic).
The description was accurate.
Basically he/she did not know what they were buying, did not research it nor asked any questions about it.
Will not reply to my emails, will not return the item for a refund.
Ebay will not do anything about it.

The item cost £15 originally, sold for £0.99p.

But, if you put 'as new' in an item header, you will get the listing removed. (I did, 22,000 others didn't.)

Ebay have very strange rules and conditions!

I have just had another email from eBay. They will not under any circumstances remove feedback! (Unless it is defamatory, then you have to go through their process).

So now I know. (Bites tongue).

But it does not seem right.

If anyone wants the buyers ID - send me a PM.

Edited By Richard Bond on 29/06/2011 19:55:11

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...