Greenacres / RCM&E 2011 fly-in pics/video thread

Advert

Posted by Chris Bott on 29/06/2011 09:29:25:
And a few for the webbiteers

Chris, I'm short of photo or two in relation to the bomb drop for my personal blog . I didn't get to take any photos as I was flying at the time . May I use this one of yours - credited to you of course.

Thanks again to everyone for fantastic event.

Ian

Edited By Ian Jones on 29/06/2011 10:34:05

Posted by Richard Harris on 29/06/2011 20:48:32:
Superb photos!

I must have missed the bomb drop, too busy dodging WebBits

Yes what a weekend .

Dodging webbits. Richard, that's a good description of what the mass fly was like, kept us pretty busy eh? Good fun I loved it.

Apart from watching that the bomb got away okay I didn't see anything of it myself. I am usually happy to keep an eye on where all the other aeroplanes are when I'm flying but on that sortie it was more of a case of looking after Webbit number 1 (well 19 actually ). When I looked for the bomb afterwards there it was split open, as it should be and almost in the middle of the strip. The evidence then is that it was a success but I didn't see much of it either.

I did call the imminent drop several times but I think there was so much going on that it passed pretty much unnoticed.

Excellent job on your webbit(s), you got a lot of well deserved praise.

Ian

Lets kick off with a real WW1 photo...sorry...I mean Greenacres Dawn Patrol photo messed about with! See above
Foamie Dave Pics are excellent. Is it O.k if I down load a few? Foamie Dave?

The pic of Linds, sorry Linds, made me giggle. You look hotter and cripser than I was.

The sun was giving out more 'wattage' than I realised.

Here's a few more photos, I have played around with some in PE, I don't have an uptodate Photo Shop that I can use on Windows 7, I shall have to bite the bullet and buy Photo Shop one day as I love messing around with photos.

I actually got a Vee Bit photo! and the other above is Simon Cockers XXX Glider

How realistic do the Dawn Patrol aircraft look like in B&W? Its rather close to the real thing I think.

Chippy Pass, could easily be a full size.

another nice EDF

I could have an entire web site of tail end photos! as above

The WebBIT Twist - truly excellent - swap the wing for the pod and yu have an autogyro and one that flys like it was designed from the start to be an auto gyro.

Lovely Storch, one of the best scale flying models at the meet IMO

More another time. Some amazing photos on here chaps. Feel free to download any I post.

Cheers

Steve

Simons Glider gets away.

Its a fiddled with Storch

Flying past with the ParkZone Trojan, this Spit looks to have mistaken me for a Doodle Bug Bomb.... The Trojan is in Focus and the Spit isnt and yet you can see the wrinkles in the covering!

More auto gyros...

Under View of Richies Little Nellie

Enjoy

Steve

Posted by Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models) on 30/06/2011 01:35:43:

Is it O.k if I down load a few (pics) Foamie Dave?

Of course mate, go for it.

I've plenty more if there are specific models you are interested in. Unfortunateley missed the Webbits due to butty break and nattering ... a mans gotta eat...and catch up on goss!

Soz for not saying hello, didnt realise who you were till gone home time ,

Hi Chris,

As for photos - I agree with foamie Dave - the more the merrier, your WebBIT pic s are among the best I've seen. The top one Yellow wing/Black Fuss - its shouts FUN! The side on V Bit with the Lights looks cool. I tried without much success to get shots of the V Bit. The one I've posted is not the greatest quality but the best I got! was the V Bit travelling faster than other WebBITS?

Chippy - Totally agree wonderful model. I like the pic after the b&W Dawn Patrol One. What do you think of the B&W News Paper shot complete with oil burning ( of the Dawn Patrol in 1917 - ). It was something Fred and I were doing on the PC, Fred said I had to load it!

I've down loaded some of the pics, some of Foamie Daves are excellent as usual. I still treasure the shots of the Melting Foamie Dave did a couple of years ago.

Excellent day - Chris, it was good to meet bup with everyone.

Steve

Posted by Steven Webb (Steve Webb Models) on 30/06/2011 12:03:13:
Hi Chris,

was the V Bit travelling faster than other WebBITS?

Excellent day - Chris, it was good to meet bup with everyone.

Steve

Yes, great day, great people. We were just lucky to be present I think.

I'm not sure about the VeeBit speed. The power train is a little like the Rolls Royce understatement "it's adequate". When I swapped to the 4S A123 battery, the model got quite a bit heavier. It now handles the speed quite well.

Chris

There were some great models and great flying at the event.

I turned up on Sunday in all of that gorgeous sunshine. Whimped out of flying even a Telemaster as I'm always a bit apprehensive about flying at sites where the general public has access especially as there was a bit of a cross wind.

Those Webbits that took to the air seemed to fly well. Not too intimidating at all really.

Having seen them fly I have plans to build a Vintage Webbit!

I'll be giving Steve an order for at least a wing kit!

Happy Landings Gentlemen

I still treasure the shots of the Melting Foamie Dave did a couple of years ago.
Steve

Just to re-assure forum members, it was a delightfull model called a Melting (World Models Steve ?) ... I havn't taken to spontaneously combusting just yet

PS Hoping to meet up with Linds, Rollin Roscoe and crew at Welshpool if you're coming down?

(soz if little off topic gents)

Posted by Foamie Dave on 30/06/2011 15:29:37:

I still treasure the shots of the Melting Foamie Dave did a couple of years ago.
Steve

Just to re-assure forum members, it was a delightfull model called a Melting (World Models Steve ?) ... I havn't taken to spontaneously combusting just yet

PS Hoping to meet up with Linds, Rollin Roscoe and crew at Welshpool if you're coming down?

(soz if little off topic gents)

Hi Foamie Dave,

Yes a World Models Melting. Best pics of it I have.

Linds and Rollin are at Welshpool. I'm not. I am trying to talk the Mrs into Greenacres YT and EP day and if I do , might see you there. Say Hi if you see me anywhere. There's also the Chester Electric Flight Club Fly In - I shall be there flying my foamies and stuff. Thats the 17th July.

Sorry if its off topic chaps.

Back to the RCME Fly IN. - I got more pics processed.

I dont think i've showed those until now.

Steve

Chris - Regard the Vee Webbit power comment. See video at around 2.20 , 2.24 we see a Vee WebBIT being flown slowly. I have to say this is unusual as everytime I tried to get a still pic it went wizzing past.

I submit the part of the video at around 3.29 to 3.30 secs, much more in keeping with what I saw in my camera lense.

Dont Blink! as Dr Who said.

Excellent stuff

Steve