Pics from your free RCME plan build

Ton van Munsteren

dscn6251.jpg

dscn6252.jpg

Sharkface.

Really quick build depron version. Needs a little tidying and finishing now I know she flies.

Used only what I had kicking around:- Thrust 30 motor, 2200mah 3S lipo, 10 x 7e prop, 16 ozs

Made wingspan 2" wider than plan because of extra weight due to grossly over sized motor & battery.

This thing is a whole heap of fun and massively over powered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited By Ian101 on 03/01/2018 19:40:43

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only just found this thread, but 6 years ago I bought a Traplet library copy of the RCM&E free plan Mamselle 52 (June 2003) after seeing an example flown by a club member. I only had aerobatic designs until then but was wowed by the curves in this beautiful Vic Smeed design and decided I had to have one. Our club has a tarmac runway only and, in the interests of safety, a model must be steerable and taxi to and from the pilot area, so the Mamselle has a steerable tailwheel built into the sub-fin. My original, in the pictures, had a small brushless inrunner heli motor and an old Olympus belt reduction gear. This proved so noisy and inefficient it was replaced with a small E-Max outrunner. The 2s 1800 mAh LiPo keeps it up for at least 40 minutes while looking for thermals. It looks even better in the air and can even handle gusty 10 to 14 mph winds, landing like an autogyro with 1/4 throttle.

mamselle build 9oct12 002.jpg

mamselle finish 1.jpg

mamselle finish 2.jpg

mamselle finish 3.jpg

Yes Bob, it has an Emax 2220/10, 930 kv, a 9x5 Graupner E-prop and pulls 13.5 A with a 2s lipo. On a 1 minute run its a dot in the sky, I tried a 3s initially and that's stupid, near vertical climbs. The whole thing weighs 900 gms. That tiny rudder steers it perfectly. Great for bringing the heart rate down in the summer after you've scared yourself to death with a petrol powered hooligan session.