Pics from your free RCME plan build

Ton van Munsteren

Advert

hi jvr. I have built and flown one of these blitzs recently they fly really well.albeit mine is brushless powered I found on the maiden I only needed 1mm of reflex! even tho the plan recommends 3mm. be sure to do a different colour on the bottom as these deltas get small really quick so the orientation can be a pain.good luck on the maiden

Dan

Hi Daniel, That's why I've used chrome vinyl on the fins to help with the orientation as I have the same covering on the top and bottom and I'm hoping the sun will reflect enough for me to work out which way up it is. I will maiden the blitz next weekend......

Hi Dan and JVR,

Great job with an I/C Mini Blitz. Surely it can fly less hectic than a brushless powered one! I've set mine with 1mm reflex as well, but I still have to fly it with that setup + 70%D/R and 40% expo. Just to check if I can tame it.... and have a proper landing without breaking anything on the model. I still feel very aprehensive with it :-! I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Paulo

Dan,

When I flew mine a couple of times without that setup, I was pleasantly surprised to see that a delta wing can, after all, fly slowly. Nonetheless, it's a small and light model - these features compound on the issue at hand: low mass means low inertia and it gains speed fast becoming a dot in the sky in no time, it also means that it loses speed fast and then you hit the throttle and it rolls. I found myself always a bit behind the model - it's no good in aviation and it certainly is no good in aeromodelling

Paulo

• 7 months later...

What a lovely thread!

Not the best of pictures - the model was built when the plan came out ( and the utility room floor needed a mop ) and it didn't live long ( It DID however, live fast)Nigel Hawes' Hunter: Power was a Permax 400 with 8 800AR cells as per the mag. It needed a hefty chuck at hand launch but handled quite nicely I seem to recall.

Finish was silver Solarfilm, Prymol and Humbrol, and the hinges were all made with Solarfilm. I think this was my first plan build ever.  

One of these days I might do one with a proper modern setup ( after I have done the TN Lightning and the 3 projects I have on the go right now, two of which are from mag plans.

pict0004.jpg

pict0005.jpg

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 22/02/2019 02:56:51

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...