Pics from your free RCME plan build

Ton van Munsteren

Advert

Might be better just to buy the December RCM&E from here. You will get Shaun Garrity's article plus three other free plans too.

Lovely job Ray, I am tempted to build one too but I have too many projects on the go as it is. Are you intending to fly it off water if you can find a suitable location? I did some water flying off a lake some years ago with an electric Ace Puddle Master - just so much fun.

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU bbc , it was an attempt top 'get back to basic' I wanted to BUILD something rather than just put it together.

Got side tracked by the flood of Foamies, ARTFs etc etc etc ....time to wise up for me.. I get out what I put in....NOTHING beats the feeling of a scratch build...made of whatever material (wood for me though! )

Happy landing !!

Ray

Raymond Richards – When I first saw the Flugboot plans in the magazine they caught my attention for a quick winter flyer off the snow [I live in Canada], but I didn’t get too excited until I saw your pictures. Now I’ve dropped off a USB stick at Staples and am getting ready to build once I pick up the copies. Do you have more build pictures that you could put into your album, or better yet do a bit of a build log?

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 03/01/2017 14:06:46:

image.jpgdsc_0191.jpgThese are my three free plan-builds so far.img_0295.jpgdscf5115.jpg

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 03/01/2017 14:10:36

Those models are fantastic !!!! , imagination and inspiration are the key ingredients in anything creative....and you took the ball and ran with it ..!! Brilliant work !!!!

VERY well done !!

Ray

That's very kind Raymond! I like the classic lines of the Hangar Monkey, you can't go wrong with planes like that, they always look good. Here's another one, my "Fizza" from the RCME free plan in about 2005? All of these still exist. The Super Marauder is new of course and awaiting it's maiden, the CanDoo (my Three CanDoo version)! Needs some cosmetic work on the nose after I flew it into a tree trunk, the Toucano (SeaCano)! is pristine but needs a new motor, the Fizza is still fine but needs upgrading to my now standardised Spektrum 2.4 kit. Three Nigel Hawes' designs there, I'm sorry that he's no longer on RCME's books. The Super Marauder is of course one of Peter Miller's recent designs, but I've done a lot of Depron substitution in the build, converted it to electric, (HK co-axial motors, it's actually a twin now)! And fitted retracts.image.jpg

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 04/01/2017 08:27:03

Thanks Ron. Tony's Hangar Monkey certainly has got that ageless appeal, without being scale it looks as if it is!

Raymond, I've only just had a good look at your Das Ghosten Flugboot. As you say, it definitely has the style of the Dornier Wal, particularly in the colours that you chose for it. Right up my street in types of aeroplane.

img_6035.jpgimg_6033.jpgI;ve built 4 models from RCM&E plans in the last couple of years. The "Hangar Monkey", and 3 of Richard Harris's gyrocopters. There is a learning curve there-many crashes before success! Note the colour scheme for the "Cruiser"-different on each side; helps orientation in the air.img_5677.jpg

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 05/01/2017 08:38:05:

Hi eflightray, that's the Tony Nihuis design? I've heard one or two comments about weight on that one, I don't know if that's right, but you must have solved that with Depron substitution.

Yes, the TN plan quotes around 15lbs for a balsa build and IC engine.

Mine weights 7lbs 2oz flying. Less than half. Has retracts, flaps, and uses the TN molded cowl, exhaust stacks, and cockpit.

Ray.