Pics from your free RCME plan build

Ton van Munsteren

Advert

Here's some more ( seem to have lost one in the other post)

Twirl

384E No2 built as plan

384E with brushless,Lipo and ailerons.

American Nightmare converted to electric.

Eze Fan

I also have some that were uilt fom other magazines free plans (Iwonder why SWIMBO calls me tight fisted) Would they be allowed oin this thread?

Edited By Mowerman on 27/09/2011 11:33:35

Edited By Mowerman on 27/09/2011 11:40:16

Posted by Erfolg on 27/09/2011 12:09:18:
I do not remember the Silvaire or the Manic. A supply of EPP needs supporting for this genre of model is to gain greater popularity.

The Maniac was from March 2008 issue if I recall. Ive seen a few kicking around in the UK (including this nice airbrushed green one from RCME Forumite Jonathan Lewzey - top picture).

I totally agree about your comments on EPP.  Both the Maniac and bigger Edge 540 (bottom 2 pics) seemed really popular across the pond, which I can only put down to ready availablity of good quality, cheap foam.

EPP Foam Maniac

Below : Big EPP Foam Edge 540

Edited By Foamie Dave on 27/09/2011 17:57:47

Jim

You mean there is another magazine? Are you sure? Can you mention it here?

Now life is strange, I mentioned to a club member that RCM&E had published a free plan of the Luscombe Silvaire and I fancied building one. He then replied I have a plan and article from Radio Control Scale Aircraft, for a 42" version, do you wanted it? I replied yes.

So I now have a plan,from October/November issue, which i am about to start.

Life is strange.

Erfoig,
If young Ashers is watching i might get disconnected or excommunicated or something like that but my legal rep. the king of NE1 Kendo Andersonic will sort him out.

great thread by Ton, generating great interest, I have sent plans to guys in London and Folkstone for the MIni Super, Mini Hog and DH Moth Minor.

If I can get a few more of Peter Millers freebies in I might get a mention in the will.

( Jim Carss President of the Peter Miller fan club North East branch )

JImbo

Well what can I say more than thanks guys for posting all those great pics of you models. Iam not a foam modeller but must admit that Maniac looks like good fun to me.

Hoping to see lots more freeplan model pics, there must be at least a 1000 models out there, so that should make this a great and long running topic with lots of pics and a super motivator for building your own freeplan model.

Ton

Flytilbroke wote
The orange/white model in the post by Ton, although not quite the same , looks very similar to Peter Millar's "ZENAIR SUPER acro-zenith CH180". In an alterternative September Magazine.
Somehow I don't think your aircraft recognition is really that good.

This is the Zenith Super Acro. Now maybe I am wrong but it doesn't look much like a Corby Starlet to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Loving these pics... Great post..

I'm reletively new to this plank game, and i'm really miffed i've missed soo many cool plans..
The big foamie Edge, the ultimate Bipe, and the Hyperbipe...

I've only built 4 planes.. 1 Guillows, 2 freebies, 1 own design..

Freebies are Petes Tailwind, rescaled to 32"..

And a Q&EF (is that swearing.? ) profile Edge, which is what gave me the confidence to 'REALLY' start flying..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

• 1 month later...