The future is coming...according to Horizon Hobby

Hi all,

I had an email arrive in my inbox from Horizon Hobby this morning about an exciting new product caught on 'amateur video'. You might have already seen it, but I thought I'd share for those who haven't. Not much to go on, but I wonder what this 'hush-hush' project could be?

Advert

What a load of *BEEEEP*
Please has the world gone mad, still i have no doubt that the sheep of this world will flock to buy whatever rubbish horizon throw our way if the ad campain is good enough !!!

Sigh* my wonderful hobby has denigrated into the pile of rubbish that is the mass consumer market

i will be in my shed sawing a plank of balsa in half to make me feel better!!!

I take it Lee and Myron are not keen on Horizon Hobbies.
I suppose it depends on from where you look at things. Much less model building goes on these days, but I guess much more flying gets done.
I wonder how the stats work out between people in days gone by being put off modelling due to a badly built or uncompleted model and today due to a man off the street being able to buy a well built RTF that is totally unsuitable for a beginer ?
I regard myself as lucky. I can and do build from kits and plans (when I have time) but if something goes seriously wrong, isn't it nice to be able to go out and buy something to keep flying instead of having to wait perhaps weeks whilst you build a replacement. This is particularly pertinent to someone who is just begining to learn.

Posted by Richard Carpenter on 30/09/2011 17:01:55:
You're right, it's a terribly naff ad, but I think Horizon distribute some reasonably decent gear. Even if it is mass market, we've all got to start somewhere right?

Virtually everything that they make or sell is world class. There's nobody else who has so many good names associated with it.

I agree with you Richard, it looks pretty silly to me too.

Well, HH do seem to bring out innovative things all the time. For example, Spektrum 2.4GHz was a first. Proper ultra-micros ? A wide range of models designed for electric and glow right out of the box ? I reckon that they have to be the world's number one brand and for good reason too.

I like the HH podcasts and their YouTube channel and also follow HK's as well. I'm particularly pleased to see that HK now have a daily short.

I'm pretty sure that one of our regular posters has been mentioned several times in the HH podcasts. I actually pinged him earlier today to see if my powers of deduction are correct